Table of Content
When you are diabetic you cannot eat whatever others are eating. You have to keep a specific check and balance regarding diet to keep your sugar levels under control. It becomes increasingly difficult when everywhere you see you find restaurants promoting junk food. Every shopping place has shops of food where you can find a variety of food from burgers to pizza. Even you see advertisements for junk food on television. As we all know junk food has high calories and low nutrients. These foods come under processed food category and often have dangerous ingredients. For more help regarding diabetes-related problems, you can find and consult the best diabetes doctor in Karachi, Lahore or any other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Reasons to Avoid Junk Food:
Here are some of the reasons to avoid junk food if you are a diabetic:
- You have to avoid junk food and limit your sugar and fat intake to keep your weight under control and to maintain your blood sugar levels.
- Junk food has few minerals and fiber and made of saturated fats. They digested quickly thus increase blood sugar and bad cholesterol.
- Fast foods also increase cholesterol levels and are worse than saturated fats. They are in the form of liquid oil which solidifies and are used in making fast foods.
- When you increase intake of saturated fats your cholesterol levels increases and you are at risk of heart attacks and strokes. It is recommended to take less than 12 percent saturated fats in your food.
- Avoid cakes and fried dishes they are laden with sugar and fats.
Healthy Dietary Practices for Diabetics:
- When you choose to include salads in your food avoid dressing it in ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Include yogurt in your food.
- Eat foods low in sodium, fast food contains a lot of extra salt.
- Take unprocessed carbs like vegetables and fruits.
- You can take carbohydrates but in managed amounts.
- You need adequate proteins in your diet.
- Divide your meal into smaller meals so you can avoid hunger pangs
- Introduce exercises into your routine.
- Eat lean meat such as chicken.
You can try to swap junk food with healthy choices and enjoy eating out you can occasionally go to restaurants. You can avoid fried items and instead order boiled or grilled food. It’s hard to resist the temptation but your health is definitely more important.