Table of Content
Be it a flat stomach, strength, or overall fitness, know that it is not possible without a certain amount of discipline and dedication.
In this busy world, where everyone is short on time but are also missing out on their fitness, luckily, there are lots of exercises available to burn fat and build muscle.
There’s an endless list of flat stomach exercises that might leave you confused about which one to adopt, don’t worry if you are unsure of which to choose, we’ve got you covered!
Here Are Some Of The Effective Exercises You Can Follow To Achieve A Flat Stomach!
1. Bicycle Crunches
This exercise requires you to rotate your core by placing your back firmly on the ground and shoulders pulled away from your ears, here’s how you can do it.
- Lie down on your back
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor
- Cross your fingers and put your hand on the back of your head
- Pull your head upwards, bring your legs up in the shape of 4
- Place your legs directly above your hips
- Exhale and twist your upper body bringing your right elbow to your left knee
- Repeat the same movement alternatively
- Repeat this exercise 10-15 times and do 2–3 sets of this each time.
2. Hip Bridges
Exhale deeply and lift your torso up while keeping your hands, forearms, and feet on the floor.
Make sure your body is in a straight line from your head to your knees. Use the force from your tummy to pull your body up. Do not loosen your hips towards the floor, keep them stiff.
3. Toe reaches
- Lie on your back and raise your legs at a 90-degree angle.
- Try to reach your hands to touch your toes and keep them there for a few seconds
- Slowly, move your back down to the floor
- Repeat this 10-15 times for 1-3 sets
4. Side Planks
- Turn yourself on a side while lying down on the floor
- Place the right side with your forearm below your shoulder
- Extend your legs and keep them above each other and keep your core tight
- Left your body up, be in a straight line from your head to toe
- Lift your left arm up while balancing yourself
- Bring your hand down to your waist and move it back up
- Start this workout from 10 to 15 repetitions and increase the reps gradually
5. Boat Post
- Be in a seated position, lean back a little
- Balance yourself on your tailbone
- Raise your legs up, keep them straight into the air and form a V shape
- Stretch your arms in a straight line in front of yourself
- Hold this position for a minute
- Repeat 2–3 times
- For a modified version, see the image below
- With your feet and shoulders wide apart, be in a standing position
- Move in a squatting position with your palms in front of you
- Jump and drop down in a pushup position
- Do a pushup and jump back in a standing position from where you have started
- For that extra push, raise your arms up while jumping
- Do 6–10 sets of 12–25 repetitions.
What Are The Causes Of Stomach Fat?
- Sugary Foods and Beverages
- Fizzy drink
- Low protein diet
- Not having enough sleep
Foods That Help Us Lose Tummy Fat And Achieve Flat Stomach
Many of us think that the intake of eggs raises cholesterol, yes, it is true. Eggs can sometimes raise the levels of “bad” cholesterol but in a few people only!.
Actually, eggs are one of the best foods you can eat if you are trying to lose some pounds specially if you want a flat stomach. They are known to be high in protein and good fat. Also, they are very satiating.
Instead of eating bagels, bread or other bakery items in cereals, eat eggs instead. It will increase the feeling of fullness and will convince you to eat less for the next 36 hours.
2. Leafy Greens For A Flat Stomach
Leafy greens include:
- Swiss chards
These greens have a perfect mixture of nutrients that helps us lose weight. There are low in calories and carbohydrates and are loaded with fibre which is the best combination you might need to shed those stubborn pounds and get that flat stomach you’ve been dreaming of.
3. Boiled Potatoes
Being rich in properties, white potatoes are a perfect food both for weight loss and managing health. They contain a little bit of every nutrient that you need.
Most foods that are high in water content are low in energy density, such as vegetables and fruits. According to various researches, the food that we are consuming, if turned into soups, can prove to be more satiating.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar For A Flat Stomach
Apple cider vinegar is the most common ingredient that is used for weight loss. It is also used in condiments like dressings or vinaigrettes. Not only salads, people also dilute it in warm water and use it as a weight loss drink.
Consuming apple cider vinegar can increase the feeling of fullness and convince people to eat at least 200–275 fewer calories as compared to regular days.
Get Professional Help!!
While you are at it, learn how to adopt a healthier lifestyle for a more energetic and fun-filled life, also, to achieve flat stomach! It’s the little things in our diet and lifestyle that harm us. Making it duller and lazier. Stay tuned for more health-savvy updates right from Marham.pk!
Moreover, if you feel like talking to a professional for tips and guidance about a flat stomach, you can find them here!
Javeria Adil Chughtai
Latest posts by Javeria Adil Chughtai (see all)
- How Job Stress Affects Heart Health And 8 Ways To Deal With It - June 9, 2021
- 10 Facts Liver Health Is Improved By Drinking Coffee Everyday - June 3, 2021
- Bloating In Ramadan And 5 Easy Tips And Home Remedies To Beat It - June 2, 2021