According to various studies, 85% of pregnant women can have a natural birth while only the remaining 15% require operations such as a C-section. However, statistically, one in every three pregnant women undergoes through a C-section.
It has also become very common for women to choose C-section to get away from pain and anxiety during labor and normal delivery. But, a C-section can pose complications in the future, and require extended days of recovery, unlike a normal delivery.
It is apparent and a proven fact that normal delivery is the best way to give birth, both for the mother and child. And if you are hoping and wish to go natural, you should follow these tips:
1. Stay Away From Stress:
It is normal to feel stressed when you’re pregnant. But try to stay away from stress, anxiety, depression and random thoughts, because negative emotions can ultimately turn the process of childbirth into a nightmare.
- Try any meditation that might help you feel comfortable.
- Read books, listen to music, and do what makes you happy
- Remain in the company of good, happy and friendly people.
- Stay away from toxic people and situations that make you feel uncomfortable or negative.
2. Stay Positive and Refrain From Negative Birth Stories:
As a woman, you come across both easy and difficult childbirth stories from everyone. Listening to negative stories makes you more nervous and anxious, and as a result, can also lead to panic attacks.
- If any fellow-mother happens to share her nightmare story of childbirth, just walk away from her.
- Say no to gossips at all costs
- Remember that not everyone has the same story during labor. Just because your friend had an unfortunate experience does not mean you will have one.
3. Acquire Knowledge About Birthing:
Acquire as much knowledge as possible on your own about labor and the delivery process to rule out confusions.
- Get all your doubts about pregnancy and childbirth cleared by your gynecologist before going through it.
- Read awareness articles about childbirth.
- Talk to your mother or other elderly women in the family who can help you in lifting you up.
However, don’t get overwhelmed. Sometimes, too much information can also become a problem.
4. Build a Strong Support System:
Have enough emotional support and friends to back you up. Have your partner, mother and close friends around and with you so that they are there to boost your confidence and allay all your fears about normal delivery.
- Ensure that you and your partner are on the same page when it comes to childbirth.
- If you keep any different views or ideas about pregnancy, do share them with them and come to a consensus.
- Just by having a support system, you can take away a lot of the stress involved with.
5. Choose Your Doctor Wisely:
It is a sad reality that many doctors look for convenience and hurry mothers into a C-section. Therefore, it is important to choose a gynecologist who’ll consider a C-section as a last resort and deliver your baby wisely. You should talk to your doctor about their views on normal delivery and share what you have in mind for you as well.
You can easily find best gynecologists in Lahore or any other city of Pakistan via marham.pk
Few Most Popular Gynecologists in Pakistan:
Latest posts by Fahad Salman (see all)
- How To Manage PCOS? 5 Easy Things That You Can Do From Today - January 20, 2020
- 1st-UHS International Dental Conference: Prof. Dr. Javed Akram Shares His Vision Behind The Event - October 1, 2019
- Shifa International’s Neurosurgery Department-Delivering World-class Care - September 23, 2019