Table of Content
Modern world says a warm welcome to you with noisy sounds. If you are not a resident of some rural area nor lived under an ancient rock than you must have been experiencing noise pollution. Have you ever thought that how the surrounding noise can affect your health and specifically hearing?
Read on to know more about the effects of noise pollution.
Safe and Unsafe Sounds:
In daily routine, you experience a lot of sounds like the those of television and music, household appliances, and traffic. Some sounds are friendly to your ears but some are really damaging. Sounds become harmful when they cross the normal limit of 85desibells. And you know mostly traffic horns exceeded this limit as a simple car horn produces the sound of 120dB. A music concert produces sounds of 110-120db.
Being exposed to such loud sounds can damage your ears resulting in hearing loss. If you are experiencing any difficulty in hearing its important to consult with an audiologist right away. Now you can book an appointment online with an audiologist in Lahore and all other main cities of Pakistan.
How Loud Sounds Affect Your Hearing?
The sounds which are of 85db and lesser intensity do not affect the normal hearing process. But the sounds that badly damage delicate structures and bones middle and the inner ear are louder than 85dB. These harsh sounds may also kill the hearing cells which cannot regrow and even rupture the eardrum. This damage may result in immediate hearing loss which may be temporary and goes after 18 to 48 hours or it can be permanent. Sometimes these loud sounds don’t cause immediate hearing rather these act as a slow poison and with time you will see its effects like muffled sounds, ringing in ears and finally diminished hearing ability.
Can these Affects be Prevented?
Fortunately, hearing loss due to noise is completely preventable. Following things can keep your hearing ability safe.
- Keep yourself away from the noise as much as possible.
- Wear earplugs or some other protective devices in the area of loud noise.
- Keep yourself and your family members alert to hazardous noises of the environment.
- Protect children ears that are too young to protect their own.
- If you are experiencing hearing problem take an immediate appointment by good audiologist. To consult good audiologists in Pakistan log on to Marham-Find a doctor.
Remember your natural abilities are unreplaceable and it’s your responsibility to protect and respect their limits. To enjoy these abilities lifelong be sure to take care and avoid intentional and unnecessary exposure to loud noise around you. Additionally, as a responsible citizen make all efforts to reduce noise pollution around you and also instill these habits in your kids and family.
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- Small Steps That Can Improve Your Health And Nutrition Immediately - January 23, 2021
- Healthy Chunks Are The Real Guards Of Heart - January 22, 2021
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018