These are the bands like parallel lines on your skin mainly on your tummy and thighs. They are light in color from your normal skin color so can be easily distinguished. From purple to pink to grey these can be of different color and texture as well. They are itchy or sore sometimes and feels like a hollow or dimpled like the texture on your skin. They are common for pregnant mums can appear before when your skin is stretching or afterward because of sudden weight gain. They are not to worry about as they are not harmful to you and can disappear with the passage of time. Your stomach, arms, thighs, and breasts are most common places you will have them.
- Skin stretching
- Increased cortisone, it is a hormone basically produced by your adrenal glands.
- Losing of elasticity in the skin.
- Pregnancy when you gain rapid weight.
- Some internal hormonal disorders.
- The rapid growth of tissue or overstraining of tissue can be the reason for these lines called stretch marks.
These are at a great risk for getting stretch marks:
- Pregnant women
- If you have fair skin
- History of stretch marks in the family.
- Reaction of medicines
- Overweight person
Try to use lotions and creams and don’t let your skin get dry because dry skin is prone to itching and scratching through your nails can put marks on your skin. Keep your skin hydrated, drink plenty of water.
Your doctor will look at them and tell you about the possible cause.
These fade on their own but if you don’t want to wait for long then go for treatment as it will make them disappear quickly and completely. You must go to a dermatologist for stretch marks treatment. To find and consult the best dermatologist in Lahore, Karachi or any other main cities visit Marham.pk.
- They will inject some collagen for elasticity in your skin.
- Also, there is this dye laser therapy where it encourages the growth of elastin in your skin better to go for this one.
- Dark stretch marks take time to disappear.
Keep in mind removing stretch marks from the skin through medical procedures is not guaranteed and is expensive too.