Are you a new parent? Do you want to know the child safety principles that can assure your child’s safety? It is important to take care of your child because negligence for a few seconds can result in regrets of a lifetime.
The most common childhood accidents and injuries are falls, road accidents, drowning, poisonings, and burns and scalds. Other common causes of child deaths and injuries include;
- Choking, strangling and suffocation.
- Crushing and trapping.
- Smoke, fire and flames.
- Driveway accidents.
- Bicycle accidents.
Every parent desires to be able to bring their kid safety, even from the tiniest hints of pain. The fact is you won’t perpetually be there to shield them from the hazards of this world. Many of your children could already have fully grown up and now your children are having kids. You know better than anyone that kids will get scraped, bumped up, and bruised, that’s an inevitable reality for each kid even when there are adults are around. Accidents happen all the time but, thankfully, we can take steps as parents, that facilitate youngsters avoid serious injuries. We hope that you use these child safety tips to keep your very little ones around you as safe as potential.
- A baby should sleep on its back. The doctors at Marham.pk recommendation has been changed from “sleep on the stomach” to “sleep on the back,” as he states it can bring 3 times to minimize death rate in infants via sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Quilted blankets with lace will block the baby’s respiratory tract during sleep. A tough mattress and taut elastic fitted sheets are all you should use.
- A sleeping baby should be free from scarves, clothes, bibs, pacifiers, or toys with strings.
Fall And injury Prevention
- Install in your house with safety gates. Once it comes to staircases, they must be placed both at the top and bottom.
- Always buckle children when using high chairs or carriers. When putting your kid into the carrier, set it on the ground, not on a chair, table etc.
- If your kid moves around the house in a baby walker, watch that they stand back from stairs, heating appliances, and hanging wires.
- Make sure their toys don’t contain tiny components, your child can tear away and try to swallow.
- The diet of kids below the age of ‘five’ shouldn’t contain round-shaped solid foods, like sliced sausage, nut kernels, hard candies, grapes, and maize.
- Keep wires and cords out of your child’s reach. Move cribs, playpens, toys aloof from these objects.
- Hide matches and lighters from your youngsters. Don’t keep lighters and alternative health sources that appear as if toys in the house.
- Don’t hold a baby while cooking. Watch irons and hair dryers, disconnect them after use, and place them in a very safe place.
- Reduce the time your kid spends next to a hot stove, and install a protecting barrier around the stove if doable.
- If you think that your child has swallowed any dangerous substance, don’t try to induce vomiting or make the child wash down what they swallowed without consulting a doctor.
- Install special locks on the cupboard doors where you keep household detergents and medicines.
- Keep tiny electronics and gadgets that contain lithium batteries aloof from children. These embrace car alarms, clocks, remote controls, flameless candles, optical device pointers, flashlights, etc.
“W” Sitting Position
- “W-sitting” is one among the foremost common and cozy sitting positions for several youngsters. However, this position might increase the chance of many health problems. It will cause serious orthopedic issues, delays in the development of postural control and stability, and motor skills.
- The best and therefore the handiest way to prevent your children from W-sitting is to prevent it from becoming a habit. So, anticipate it and catch it before your kid starts sitting in this position.
- If you do see your very little ones in “W” position, consistently encourage them to adjust to a distinct position, like they’ll either sit with their legs straight out or each knee bent to one side. This can have a positive effect on your kids’ growth and development!
Keep toys and other obstructive items off the floor. When your toddler begins to walk, keep a close eye on him or her. Never leave a baby alone on a raised surface. Check the floor surface for wear and tear on a regular basis. Keep the floor dry. When the baby is in the cot, make sure the bed-rail is raised.
Feel free to discuss with Our Highly Experienced Doctors & Log On to our website & get the medical evaluation about your child issues & learn about different diseases big on minor with the Best Pediatrics/Child Specialist In Lahore, Karachi & other main cities of Pakistan.
What are the common reasons for childhood accidents?
The most common childhood accidents and injuries are falls, road accidents, drowning, poisonings, and burns.
How to protect your child from injuries?
You can protect your child from injuries by following the child safety principles that are poison prevention, sleep safety, fall prevention, fire safety, etc.
How to prevent childhood accidents?
To prevent childhood accidents, keep toys and other obstructive items off the floor. When your toddler begins to walk, keep a close eye on him or her. Never leave a baby alone on a raised surface. Check the floor surface for wear and tear on a regular basis. Keep the floor dry. When the baby is in the cot, make sure the bed rail is raised.
What are the principles of child safety?
The main principles of child safety are poison prevention, sleep safety, fall prevention, fire safety, etc.
Book an appointment now to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with the top health specialists through Marham by calling Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!