Oral health is a state of health in which a person is free from all kinds of oral and throat infections, orthodontic problems, periodontal problems, gums infection, mouth and oral cancer etc. A person in such a state of health is also free from all health problems that may inhibit his capacity of chewing, speaking, biting and all other mouth functions.
Effects Of Smoking On Oral Health:
Following are the effects of smoking on oral health:
- The smoker gets plaque stained and yellow teeth. Imagine yourself smiling with a set of crooked and yellowish teeth! To improve the appearance of your teeth and gums stop smoking and book yourself an appointment with the best dentist in Islamabad, Karachi, and all other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
- Bad breath: The smoker gets bad sensations in his teeth and mouth. Who likes to sit next to a person who smells like a skunk when he speaks? No one!
- Smoking and tobacco lead to the threat of fatal oral cancer. If you want to find the best oncologist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan visit Marham.pk.
- Poor healing after mouth and gums surgery.
- Poor healing after teeth surgeries or extraction.
- Whitening of mucous membrane which is also known as ‘smoker‘s keratosis’.
Must Read: 5 BEST DENTIST IN LAHORE
Essential Steps For Oral Hygiene?
- Brush at least twice a day. Regular brushing removes all kinds of germs and leftovers from your teeth.
- Flossing helps to remove all the unwanted minute leftovers from in between the teeth hence avoiding cavities.
- Try to quit smoking.
- Lessen the intake of alcohol and tobacco.
- Lessen the number of cigarettes you smoke per day, if you cannot quit smoking.
- Have regular dental checkups to avoid any inconvenience. Find and consult with the best dentist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
- Do not let your mouth stay dry for long. Drink a lot of water
Smoking not only causes infinite lung and cardio disorders but also affects the oral health of a person, for example, teeth staining, bad breath, poor healing after mouth and gums surgeries, oral cancer etc. It is best to take necessary steps for oral hygiene because ‘care is way better than cure’. Floss and brush every day, try to refrain from alcohol and smoking, get regular dental checkups for healthy, perfect teeth and gums!
Few Most Popular Dentists In Pakistan:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Useful Tips For Heart Patients To Follow During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018