Babies are delicate and so is their brain. Its soft muscles are feeble hence they need proper attention. Babies have fragile blood vessels; their brain is protected by a skull. The shaken baby syndrome is a serious head injury that can occur if baby’s brain repeatedly hit the skull. Shaking a baby forcefully can bruise his/her brain. It’s a life-threatening syndrome that needs urgent medical assistance.To find the best child specialist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan try Marham app. It is more common in children under age 2 and it usually occurs if someone shakes the baby with force usually in anger.
What are Symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome?
It is often difficult for parents to diagnose this injury because it’s internal, but there are few symptoms that indicate it:
- Seizure attack could be one of the symptoms
- With this syndrome child often feels difficulty in staying awake
- Shortness of breath
- In extreme scenario coma might occur
- Recurrent vomit and dizziness
Complications due to Shaken Baby Syndrome:
The brain can get damaged within a matter of few seconds if the baby is shaken badly. Many babies experience complications, including:
- Permanent or Partial loss of vision. This syndrome can make your child blind.
- The sense of hearing can be lost there and then
- Seizure attacks can badly affect child’s health.
- Development and growth a child delays
- A child becomes intellectually disabled. You may need to find and consult with a neurologist to fix the damage. Log on to Marham.pk, where you can find the best neurologists in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan easily.
Prevention is Better than Cure:
Awareness to parents should be given by their doctors so that they can protect their kids from any head injury. Babies do cry a lot and at times parents shake a child to calm them down but it’s so important to treat the child gently. In addition to it, special instructions should be provided to the caretakers of babies so that they know the dangers of shaken baby.
Few Most Popular Child Specialists in Lahore:
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018