Eyes are the windows to the world. They enable us to see everything that surrounds us. Healthy vision is critical to perform our daily activities efficiently and easily.
With the passage of time, the rate of eye problems has increased greatly because of improper diet, nutritional deficiency, and most importantly, negligence in taking proper care of eyes. According to World Health Organization (WHO), 314 million people are visually impaired worldwide, of whom 269 million have low vision and 45 million are blind. These figures rapidly increase as the populations grow older.
Eye-care is crucial for a healthy vision. Get your eye health assessed regularly from the best eye specialist in your city. To find and consult with the top rated eye specialists in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city visit Marham.pk. A healthy diet ensures healthy vision as it has an overall positive impact on your physical and mental health.
Following are the 6 food selections that are essential for your eyes. Also, they are easily available year-round so you can always stock up your fridge.
White meat of cold-water fish like salmon, tuna, and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which contribute to the health of the retina and improve vision. They also prevent dry eyes.
The yolk of the eggs contains:
- Vitamin A that protects the cornea.
- Lutein which reduces the chances of serious eye problems, such as macular degeneration and cataracts. Marham is here to help you find the best eye surgeons in Lahore, Karachi or other main cities of Pakistan.
- Zeaxanthin which lowers the risk of severe eye diseases.
- Zinc that keeps the retina healthy. Also, it helps us to see at night.
Almonds contain vitamin E that guards healthy eye tissue against getting targeted by unstable molecules. Other nuts and seed, for example, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, and peanuts also contain vitamin E.
Carrots are famous for healthy eyes. They contain vitamin A and beta-carotene which protect the eyes from infection and fatal eye complications. They also maintain the surface of the eye.
Citrus fruits possess vitamin C that is the key to healthy vision. Want to get a visual assessment? Check out the best optometrists in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities on Marham.pk. Vitamin C also plays an important role in maintaining the blood vessels of your eyes. Healthy blood vessels deliver the right amount of blood for the proper functioning of your eyes.
6. Dairy products:
Milk and yogurt are rich in vitamin A. They also contain zinc. Vitamin A protects the cornea while zinc helps in delivering the vitamin to the eyes from the liver. A significant amount of zinc is present throughout the eye. It also helps you to see clearly at night.
Few Most Popular Eye Specialists:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Useful Tips For Heart Patients To Follow During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018