Table of Content
Vitamin B6 which is known as pyridoxine is a member of the vitamin B complex family. Vitamin B6 plays a vital role in the physical and psychological functions of our body. If you want to have excellent metabolism include this in your diet. It has important implications for skin and eye health and a natural energy booster. It is beneficial for liver and nerve function. If you have some liver disorders be sure to book an appointment with the best liver specialist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Our body needs many vitamins and minerals for its functioning and vitamin B6 is needed by the body as it helps with memory, movements, energy and blood flow.
If your body is deficient in vitamin B6 it will suffer from many illnesses. So it is important for our everyday biological functions.
Vitamin B6 Deficiency:
Countries, where there are enough resources and people are eating healthy, rarely become deficient in vitamin B6 but those countries suffering from malnutrition are in need of this vitamin supplementation. Normal requirement of body is 1.3 milligrams of vitamin B6 and this can be easily fulfilled if you eat enough calories daily. But if you get older say after 50 you need to increase its intake. Older people are more prone to vitamin B6 deficiency.
Sources from which you Get Vitamin B6:
Here are the some of the best vitamin B6 sources:
Beef and Turkey:
It can be found in turkey and beef we normally are not a big fan of turkey but in many restaurants you will find dishes made up of turkey, order them now and then and get vitamin B6, on the other hand, we eat beef in our homes so if your beef intake is good it means you are getting enough vitamin B6.
Also Read: 5 Illness Linked To Vitamin D Deficiency
Pistachio and Beans:
This is also found in pistachio nuts and beans as pistachios are warm in nature we prefer to eat them in winter and beans are also very common in every household.
Sunflower and Sesame Seeds:
Sunflower seeds and Sesame seed are also rich in vitamin B6 include these in your diet. These also have a number of other health benefits and can be opted as a snack.
Avocado is more common in western countries. It is available in few supermarkets here too but due to expensive we normally don’t buy it, it is also a good source of vitamin B6.
Maintain overall Body Health with vitamin B6:
Vitamin B6 can help in maintaining overall body health in following ways:
- It is constantly needed to regulate blood vessels. Without enough vitamin B6, our blood vessel lining could be damaged, which can result in heart attacks.
- It supports brain function and helps in proper development of brain so pregnant ladies are recommended to take it in their diet.
- When you become deficient in vitamin B6 you have chances of developing Alzheimer’s. You can find and consult with the best neurologist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan to get help in Alzheimer’s and other brain-related diseases.
- Vitamin B6 makes happy hormones in the body to control mood swings and improves energy and concentration.
- It is beneficial for children who have behavior disorders and difficulty in learning.
- It also helps in treating anemia by creating hemoglobin in the blood.
If you are interested in buying supplements of vitamin B6 make sure you purchase high-quality ones and after consultation with your physician.