A migraine is a form of a headache that is persistent and much severe than a common headache. A person suffering from it feels an agonizing ache. It can last for many hours or even a day if not treated. Every person experience it differently, usually during migraine person feels more pain on one side of the head.
Women often experience it more often than men because of multiple hormonal changes happening in their bodies. There are quite a lot of stimuli that can influence a migraine, by knowing them one can avoid it from happening:
Women often feel a migraine more than men because of hormonal imbalance in their bodies. Some women experience it during their monthly cycle because at that time their estrogen level drops.
Stress, anxiety, depression can lead to a migraine. If stress and anxiety are affecting you more than usual consult with the best psychologist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan. You can also go for an online consultation.
At times, lack of sleep can cause a migraine to incur.
Women who work in offices as well as at their homes often experience more migraine because of tiredness.
Less intake of water can trigger a migraine, causing dehydration in the body. In addition to it skipping meals often induce a migraine in women. There are some foods in our pantry which can become a stimulus of a migraine such as Cheese, Salt, Citrus fruit etc.
Women who are on contraceptive pills often complain about a migraine. Know more about planning a family through your gynecologist. Book an appointment today with the best gynecologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Other factors that can prompt a migraine are passive smoking, noise pollution, pungent smell etc. Women need to take a special care of them as the whole family is dependent on them.
For that they need quick ways get to rid of it. Here are some of these mentioned:
- Add more fluids in a diet.
- Regular 30 minutes walk to reduce the level in a body.
- Avoid food that triggers a migraine.
- Go in a dark room and relax.
- In case a person feels a visual disturbance, a doctor should be contacted immediately.
- In case of severe pain Over the counter medicine can be obtained.
Neuro Physician talks about Epilepsy, Stroke and Migraine Headache
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018