Table of Content
What is a deviated nasal septum? There is a canal or wall between your nostrils which is called nasal septum it is made up of soft bone and tendons when this bone gets crooked it is called deviated septum. Most people have deviated septum but it can be disturbed more due to many reasons. A proper evaluation from an ENT specialist in Lahore, Karachi or any other main cities of Pakistan may help you point out the exact cause. Some people are born with it, some have it with the passage of time but there are few other reasons as well.
Causes/reasons for Deviated Nasal Septum:
- You may have born with it.
- Some childhood injury has done it.
- You might have broken your nose.
- There can be a trauma you have faced.
- You have a sinus infection.
Signs and Symptoms of Deviated Nasal Septum:
You may experience one or more of following:
- You may feel nasal blocking or congestion, you face problem in the flow of air in and out of your nose.
- There comes a fluid or discharge from your nose.
- Nose bleeding is also a cause of deviated septum.
- People who have it may feel problem in sleeping and can snore loudly.
- A headache is a common problem in people with a deviated nasal septum.
- Your insides felt inflamed or there is some swelling in the nose. It’s a possibility it doesn’t cause many problems to you but it is quite irritating for some of the people who have it. They can face problems in breathing through their nose and face sinus issues throughout their lives.
Dr. Tariq Qazi Talks About Ear Problems, Nasal Problems And Throat Issues
It can be diagnosed through physical examinations and only a professional is allowed to do it. There is an instrument which helps in opening up your nostrils for the doctor to view insides. For deep deviated septum endoscopy is also done. CT scan can also an option but not often recommended by doctors.
It’s quite common problem among people and in most conditions they need no treatment. Some medications are available in markets and surgery is only recommended in extreme cases. You are recommended to consult an ENT specialist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city before trying anything on your own. Take safety precautions when driving and playing sports.