Blackheads form when a clot develops in the opening of hair follicles in your skin, each follicle has one hair and produces an oil called ‘sebum’.
When dead skin or oil coagulates in these follicles, a dark bump called ‘comedo’ is formed which is further called a ‘blackhead’.
Where Are Blackheads Formed?
They are a feature of mild acne that most frequently appears on face, neck, arms, chest, and shoulders because there are more hair follicles in these areas.
Disadvantages Of Picking Out Blackheads:
You have to know how to pop it correctly in order to minimize inflammation and reduce the risk of hurting yourself. Squeezing incorrectly can lead to damaged skin or even scarring. You’ll only damage your skin. Rather take a needle and gently pop the head of the blackhead and then squeeze.
Another problem is a bigger infection. If you don’t get everything out, the remainder mixed with the inflammation and swelling can lead to a bigger pimple (and will look even more ugly).
Five Major Causes Of Blackheads:
1. A person whose body produces too much body oil gets a lot of blackheads.
2. The build-up of the propionibacterium on the skin.
3. Irritation of the hair follicles when dead skins cells don’t shed on a regular basis.
4. Undergoing hormonal changes that cause an increase in oil production during the teen years, during menstruation, or while taking birth control pills. To address hormonal disturbances consult with the best endocrinologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities via Marham.pk.
5. Taking certain drugs, such as corticosteroids, lithium, or androgens.
How are Blackheads Treated?
- Many medicines are available on stores and shops in the form of gels, creams, and pads. These drugs contain ingredients such as salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and resorcinol. They work by killing bacteria, drying excess oil, and forcing the skin to shed dead skin cells.
- If OTC treatment doesn’t improve your acne, your doctor may suggest that you use stronger prescription medications. Medications that contain vitamin A keep plugs from forming in the hair follicles and promote more rapid turnover of skin cells. You can consult with the best skin specialist in Karachi, Lahore or any other city online or in person via Marham.
- Dermatologists use a special instrument called around loop extractor to remove the plug causing the blackhead.
- During microdermabrasion, a doctor uses a special instrument that contains a rough surface to sand the top layers of your skin. Sanding the skin removes clogs that cause blackheads. To go for this cosmetic procedure book yourself an appointment with the best cosmetologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities via Marham.pk.
- Chemical peels also remove clogs and get rid of the dead skins cells that contribute to blackheads.
- Both lasers and light beams reach the surface of the skin to treat blackheads and acne without damaging the top layers of the skin. Find the best Laser skin treatment available in Lahore, Karachi or other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Few Most Popular Dermatologists/Skin Specialists:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Useful Tips For Heart Patients To Follow During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018