Table of Content
Stem cells are unspecialized cells that possess the remarkable capability to develop into many different types of cells in our body during early growth.
These cells also function to serve as a sort of body’s internal repair system, dividing rapidly and without any limit to overcome the loss of old cells until a person or animal is alive. The newly formed daughter cells have the tendency to either remain stem cells or become another type of specialized cell, for example, a red blood cell, a brain cell, or a kidney cell. Amazed? See how many more surprises these may have:
How are Stem Cells Advantageous to Us?
Stem cells have an incredibly vast range of uses in medical and health sector. Their use has already gained special attention in treating diseases. There are higher chances that they will also be able to treat future health problems so scientists are working hard to learn about their function and how these cells can solve some of the fatal health problems that affect the society.
Some of the major benefits of stem cell research are:
2. Solving birth defects
3. The cell-differentiation capability of stem cells can be used to form the desired body tissues or even organs for transplant in medical therapies.
4. Curing genetic defects. Do you know who can help in treatment and diagnosis of genetic disorders? a geneticist. Find the best geneticist near you in Lahore, Karachi an all other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
5. If specialized cells in the skin of burn victims are replaced by stem cells, they would be able to reproduce new dermal tissue causing their wounds to heal.
6. The potential to reverse diseases and cure:
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Parkinson’s disease.
7. Stem cells can be used in drug testing instead of animals and human models. If the conditions can be replicated precisely, testing drugs could give very accurate and promising results.
It can be concluded that stem cells have a promising future in medical and pharmaceutical research. Many diseases and health complications that are believed to be incurable today will be effectively treated with the help of stem cells. Research and experiments are being done by scientists to have a deep and thorough understanding of stem cells and how they work so that optimum results can be gained from their application in medical fields.
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018