Kidneys play a vital role in the human body; everyday blood is filtered by these two bean-shaped organs. At times due to multiple reasons kidneys or one of the kidneys become dysfunctional, to treat this ailment either dialysis is done or transplantation of kidney is suggested by a doctor who is usually a nephrologist. When compared to dialysis transplantation has many advantages as it saves cost unlike dialysis moreover less restriction on diet is imposed on a patient.
If surgery is considered successful a person can enjoy a better quality of life. If you are struggling with kidney disorders consult with a nephrologist to get your kidney status evaluated. You can find and consult with the best nephrologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan through Marham.pk.
Things To Consider PriorTo a Transplant:
However, getting a kidney transplant requires complete homework and it’s a full-fledged task. Following are a few things that should be taken care of before getting into a transplant.
- Comparison of its risks and benefits with dialysis as both procedures are for kidney failure.
- Expenses involved in it as a person needs to follow-up to make sure that the transplant is successful. Successful surgery depends on a number of factors always make sure to choose the best surgeon. You can find and consult with the best general surgeon in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities via Marham.pk.
- Finding an appropriate donor. Either from family or a friend. Taking into consideration laws regulating this procedure.
- At times, a transplant is done with a kidney of a deceased person, that option should also be evaluated before time.
- It should be confirmed that the patient doesn’t have any chronic disease such as cancer or any other infection.
- There are specific tests that one needs to get done before the procedure such as Blood test, Chest X-ray etc as prescribed by your doctor.
- A complete medical history should be provided to the doctor of all previous surgeries and health conditions.
All of the above mentioned are important factors that need to be kept in mind before getting a transplant and one needs to know that kidney transplant is a treatment, not a cure.
Even if you have a kidney transplant, a person still needs to take medicines as prescribed. Though after transplant, looking after yourself becomes even more important. Therefore follow the instruction of your doctors and adopt a healthy lifestyle to stay fit and out of trouble.
Healthy Talks on Chronic Kidney Diseases and its Treatment By Dr. Salman Tahir Shafi – Nephrologist
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018