Table of Content
Do you feel sad in winters every year for no reason? It might surprise you to know that this is due to a specific kind of depression known as SAD- Seasonal affective disorder.
The seasonal affective disorder is a depression that occurs due to changes in seasons it begins and ends at the same time each year. If you are a victim of it your symptoms will start from fall and continue to the winters. It robs you off of your energy and encourages mood swings in you. It is less common in summers and springs. If you feel same depression year after year don’t ignore it, go for medications and psychotherapy. You can find and consult with the best psychologist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
You don’t need to be tough on yourself take a step and keep your motivation level high throughout the year. Light therapy is also very helpful for this disorder.
Common Symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder:
Some of the commonly observed symptoms of the seasonal affective disorder are:
- It will leave you with an empty feeling and you feel more depressed day by day.
- You lose interest in your surroundings and limit yourself to your room, activities which used to excite you once now seems boring.
- Experiencing low energy levels.
- You will face difficulty in sleeping too. Your sleeping pattern gets disturbed with low appetite and reduced weight.
- Feeling sluggish is the most common symptom and in addition, you feel difficulty in concentrating on things and work too.
- You will feel hopeless and useless don’t want to engage in conversations and start avoiding outside trips.
- It becomes so severe that you want to end your life and you think a lot about death. That’s why it is considered the most dangerous disorder.
Causes of Seasonal Affective Disorder:
Oversleeping can be a major cause of this disorder, try to be more active. We have seen people are more active during summers and in winter due to extreme cold it makes you lazy and you don’t want to come out of your warm beds and move around. When you limit your physical activity you start gaining weight. You crave for carbohydrate-rich food mostly fired items. Low energy levels are the most common cause of the seasonal affective disorder. Sun not only shines and provides warmth it elevates the moods also and lack of sunshine in winter is another cause of the seasonal disorder.
Need to See a Doctor:
It’s quite normal to feel down some days but if the feeling remains for a couple of days and even months and nothing motivates you, your thinking becomes suicidal, go see your doctor. You will be given treatment accordingly and it will be helpful for avoiding future complications.