Table of Content
Circumcision is a procedure in which the foreskin of the penis is removed. It is usually done by inserting a metal clamp inside the foreskin and making a small slit to separate it from the glans (the head of the penis). The foreskin is then removed by slowly cutting it off.
Circumcision -A Controversial Issue:
Circumcision is performed in many regions of the world based on ethical and religious reasons, though globally, it is a controversial topic. Many people raise questions regarding circumcision and its benefits involving the reproductive health in human males. To know more about male reproductive health and circumcision book an appointment with the best sexologist in Karachi, Lahore and all other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
9 FAQs about Circumcision:
The most common questions asked are:
1. Is circumcision a minor procedure?
2. What problems may arise after the surgery? Are there any risks of complications?
No problem and complication arise merely because of this surgery.
3. Is foreskin a necessary part of the penis? Does it have any significant role?
4. How much is it painful?
Manageable with medication.
5. What are the benefits of circumcision?
6. Is circumcising the child necessary?
It is considered necessary in many religions and ethnicities.
7. Can circumcision be performed later when the child grows up?
8. Will an uncircumcised child be teased by others?
9. Are there any chances of an uncircumcised man to develop problems with his foreskin later?
Just like any other surgical procedure, circumcision has its health benefits as well as some risks that can arise during operation or by negligence in taking care of a freshly circumcised penis.
Health Benefits of Circumcision:
Scientifically, it has been proved that circumcision plays a significant role in reducing the risks of a number of infections, diseases, and complications including:
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS
- Cervical cancer in female partners
- Penile cancer
- Balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin)
- Phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original position)
Though a lot of people do not agree to this procedure, circumcision proves to be an important health factor in males. Many health professionals also advise the society to avoid circumcision, but most of the complications that are linked to this procedure arise due to mishandling by the operator or by the ignorance and lack of awareness in parents regarding the issue of taking proper care in handling a circumcised child.
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018