Table of Content
Winter season brings lots of things to enjoy but some ailments like cold and flu make it difficult to cope with. Every year an adult is expected to catch a cold and flu two to three times. You can go for flu shots or preventive therapies but you might wonder are there any non-medical ways to prevent flu? Yes, there are.
Tips and Precautions:
To be healthy this season you might find these tips helpful.
- You need to wash your hands properly before and after every meal and also after coming home or after attending to someone suffering from flu.
- Try to eat yogurt in the breakfast as it helps in digestion and staying away from a cold. Yogurt has probiotics in it which provides relief from infections of the respiratory system.
- When you spend your day in a room with someone who is suffering from cold or flu you are raising your chance of getting cold yourself. Try to stay in the fresh air away from runny noses.
- Do exercise as it is good for boosting your energy. For a better immune system take a 30-min brisk walk every day and away from sickness.
- Mushrooms are energy boosters, add mushroom to your food. You can make mushroom soups and salads.
- Make sure you have enough of anti-oxidants that mean more fruits and veggies in your diet.
- Flush out your nose regularly and using lukewarm water for it is even better.
- Do gurgles with salt water.
- Make sure you buy a humidifier for the winter season as it makes cold and flu more bearable.
Feeling tired and miserable is common in this condition. You can go to your family physician and if you want to find a family physician in a city you just visited you can take help from Marham. To find and consult a family physician in Lahore, Karachi and other main cities of Pakistan visit Marham.pk.
Colds make you stay at home and it requires for you to rest a lot with medication to be healthy as early as possible. You need to be careful while touching things as some things can also carry germs like keyboards, spoon, plates, and doorknobs. Behind cold and flu there is a culprit called the virus. This is the cause behind 50 percent of the colds; influenza is the most common cause of cold and flu among people.
If you are suffering from cold and flu be sure to stay away from kids and elderly as they catch diseases easily.