Have you ever experienced a minor swelling just at the edge of an eye or eyelid? If yes, you know how painful it can be and how much discomfort it can cause. It’s basically a bacterial infection that makes eyes red, swollen and extremely tender.
People usually suffer from this eye infection during this ongoing humid weather, so Marham thought why not discuss this. We are here with a complete guideline regarding Stye; from how it occurs to how it can be treated, so you know how to manage it.
How can I identify Style?
It is not hard to identify its symptoms. You will feel pain in your eyes accompanied by redness, swelling, and extreme tenderness. Some of the common symptoms of Stye include:
- Lump on an eyelid
- Burning sensation
- Itchiness in the eyes
- Blurred vision
- Secretion of the mucus from the eyes
- Teary eyes
- Uneasiness while blinking eyes
What becomes a cause of Stye?
There is the number of factors that can increase the risk of you getting a Style:
- Ladies! Beware. Don’t use expired mascara.
- Not removing makeup at night
- Usage of infected lenses
- Sleep deprivation
- Poor diet
Are there any home remedies to treat it?
Don’t worry, Styes are easily treatable. They can be treated by home remedies easily but in case if symptoms persist and get worse immediately consult an eye specialist:
- Compress: Warm compress can soothe your eyes. Soak a clean cotton cloth in warm water and apply it on the affected area for 15 minutes. It will alleviate its symptoms.
- Teabag Compress: Green tea has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties when applied to style it can reduce the swelling and redness.
- Disinfect lenses: Always wash your hands before application of lenses and disinfect them in its solution before its application.
- Don’t squeeze: Don’t pop them up as the pus released from a pimple can spread the bacteria and make it worse. Just apply warm press to soothe.
When to see a doctor?
If stye doesn’t go away and symptoms persist then you should visit a doctor as soon as possible:
- If it bleeds
- When it disrupts vision
- When it spreads to the white part of the eye
- Extreme redness in the eyes
Few Most Popular Ophthalmologist :
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018