Almond milk is a vitamin-rich, lactose-free drink that is an excellent substitute for dairy milk. It is the most commonly used plant milk in the United States. Almond milk benefits are something that you must know in this era of a hectic life. A glass of almond milk can provide you with a lot of nutrients in one go.
Almond milk benefits both males and females due to its nutritional value. Additionally, it has a pleasant nutty flavor and a creamy consistency similar to normal cow/buffalo milk. It is a popular choice for vegans and those who are intolerant to dairy.
Nutritional Value of Almond Milk?
The concentration of nutrients in almond milk is determined by the number of almonds used to make it and the amount of added water.
A 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving of plain, unsweetened almond milk contains the following nutrients:
|Vitamin A||6% of DV(daily value)|
|Vitamin E||22% of DV|
|Vitamin D||9% of DV|
|Calcium||17% of DV|
|Phosphorus||4% of DV|
|Potassium||1% of DV|
Caution: Almond milk is not suitable as a milk replacement for infants because it lacks many nutrients essential to them.
Calories in Almond Milk:
One cup of almond milk has 39 calories, which is half the calories in a cup of skim milk. This means you can drink a lot of it without gaining weight.
A glass of factory-manufactured almond milk may have much higher calories than a glass of skim milk due to added sugar. However, this may not apply to all brands, so read the nutrition labels carefully.
Can you get Almond Milk in Pakistan?
You can find almond milk in the market under different brand names. The cost of 1 Litre of almond milk is between 1000 -1200 PKR.
Also, learn about the benefits of Almonds.
Read Also: All the Hidden Signs of Lactose Intolerance
What are the Almond Milk Health Benefits?
Almond milk’s vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants contribute to significant health benefits. Because almond milk is frequently used as a substitute for dairy milk, most manufacturers will include vitamins and minerals in the final product to ensure that dairy-free consumers do not miss out on important nutrients.
1. Does Almond Milk benefit females?
- Almond milk benefits women much more than anyone else. From skin to women’s fertility, almond milk can provide a lot of health benefits.
- Almond milk is frequently fortified with calcium, making it an excellent source of nutrients. In women who do not consume dairy products, consuming enriched almond milk may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- For women who cannot or do not enjoy the taste of soy or cow’s milk, drinking almond milk can be a healthy alternative. It can be used and consumed in the same way that other kinds of milk are. Women should consume enough calcium throughout their lives to reduce their risk of osteoporosis later in life.
- Sufficient vitamin E, an antioxidant, may assist women in maintaining younger, healthier-looking skin. It is also an important vitamin for immune system maintenance.
- Women with PCOS are more likely to develop insulin resistance, and dairy consumption can result in higher insulin levels. Whole milk should be avoided in particular.
- If you have a hormonal imbalance, alternatives like almond milk are extremely versatile and widely available in most supermarkets.
- Moreover, when attempting to improve hormone balance, avoid soy-containing products, which can mimic estrogen in the body.
So almond milk is a good choice to cope with PCOS without increasing your weight as it is a low-calorie food.
Consult a gynecologist before using almond milk during pregnancy.
2. Is Almond Milk good for men?
Like women, males can also get the maximum benefit from almond milk. Almond milk benefits for males are many including;
- Low-fat milk like almond milk is a healthy substitute for men to avoid infertility
- Almond milk improves endurance and general strength in males
- A diet containing almonds helps improve erectile dysfunction due to diabetes in men
- Almonds help improves libido in males
- Almond milk is rich in vitamins E and A, which protect your body from many diseases and problems
- Enriched almond milk is a good source of calcium and magnesium for males. Magnesium prevents heart diseases in males. As you know, heart diseases are the leading cause of death all over the world. So, it is important to incorporate such a diet into your daily routine, which helps in protecting your heart and keeps you healthy
- Almond milk is also suitable for bone health and the anti-oxidant properties of the nutrients present in almond milk prevent many types of cancers.
Also, read about the other nuts good for men.
3. Is Almond Milk good for the skin?
- Almond milk is an excellent anti-aging ingredient. It contains vitamins B6, C, and E, as well as zinc, calcium, and magnesium, among other things, all of which have numerous beauty benefits for you. It is high in antioxidants like vitamin C, which helps the skin reduce early signs of aging while also improving and healing other skin issues like discoloration, dryness, hyperpigmentation, and dullness.
- It is also high in antioxidants, which help to prevent wrinkles and fine lines and protect our skin from free radicals.
- It naturally moisturizes dry skin and controls dehydrated skin. Almond milk benefits the skin by retaining moisture. It keeps your skin hydrated and plump.
How to Apply Almond Milk to Skin
- To maximize the benefits of almond milk, apply it topically. Almond milk cleanses the skin gently while also smoothing and nourishing it.
4. Is Almond Milk good for hair?
Almond milk has a high nutrient profile that makes it a perfect food for your hair, skin, and nails. The presence of minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium, and anti-oxidant vitamins makes almond milk a miraculous drink for your body.
- Almond milk contains magnesium, which helps to strengthen the hair follicle and promotes hair growth. Furthermore, the iron in it is known to increase blood circulation, which is beneficial to hair health and growth.
- You can also apply almond milk topically on your hair in the form of a hair mask. You can add different oils to the almond milk to get maximum benefits from the almond milk.
Consult a dermatologist for advice on its appropriate use.
5. Is Almond Milk good for weight loss?
Weight loss is frequently achieved or aided by reducing energy intake from food. Plant-based kinds of milk have fewer calories than regular dairy milk.
- Switching to almond milk may help people who want to reduce their calorie intake.
- It contains less sugar. Usually, manufacturers add sugar to almond milk, which increases the calories in the almond milk. But if you check the label before purchasing almond milk, you can check the ones without added sugar. In this way, almond milk benefits you in your journey of weight loss.
6. Is Almon Milk good for the brain?
- Almond milk is high in Vitamin E, an antioxidant known to benefit the brain. Almonds increase levels of (ACh) acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter in the brain that aids memory.
- Getting enough vitamin E has been linked to a lower risk of cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s. In severe cases, it has also been shown to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Is Almond Milk good for the heart?
- Almond milk is a plant-based drink. It can help you increase your intake of plant-based foods, which can help keep your heart healthy.
- Almond milk contains 1% oil by weight, the majority of which is unsaturated.
- The main fatty acid in almond oil, oleic acid, has been linked to beneficial changes in blood lipids in studies.
- In one study of healthy adults, eating 66 g of almonds or almond oil every day for 6 weeks reduced their levels of low-density lipoprotein, or “bad,” cholesterol by 6% and triglycerides by 14%. It also increased their high-density lipoprotein cholesterol or “good” cholesterol by 6%.
Consult a cardiologist for expert advice.
How to make Almond milk?
The Almond milk recipe is made by blending almonds with water and then straining out the solids. You can also make it by combining almond butter with water. Almonds with milk are also considered nutritious in both men and women.
The benefits of almond milk are vast due to its high nutrient and low-calorie profile. From your brain to your nails, almond milk is beneficial for your overall health. It provides super vitamins having anti-oxidant properties like vitamins A and E, that are beneficial for your skin, hair, heart, brain, and other organs. Almond milk is a good option for lactose-intolerant people and for those who don’t like the taste of animal milk.
You can discuss the health benefits of almond milk before including it in your daily diet with the best nutritionist in Pakistan, to know more about it.
1. Can you drink almond milk daily?
Yes, you can drink almond milk daily like regular cow’s milk. It can provide you with a lot of nutrients with fewer calories. Almond milk is lactose-free, so it is a good substitute if you are lactose intolerant.
2. Who cannot drink almond milk?
People who have an almond allergy, cannot drink almond milk. If you face asthma-like symptoms after drinking almond milk or eating almonds, you may have an almond allergy. In this case, avoid using almonds and products made from them, like; almond milk, almond butter, etc.
3. Which milk is best for lactose intolerance?
Almond milk is one of the most popular almond products because it is lactose-free. Lactose-intolerant people appreciate almond milk as a healthy and tasty alternative to traditional dairy drinks. Everyone else simply adores its sweet, nutty flavor.