Nearly, each of us experienced anal itching at some point in our lives. The common question is what causes it & how to cure it at first hand?
Pruritus ani, which is commonly known as “Anal Itching” is a general symptom of a variety of conditions. Mostly, anal itching can be treated at home without the need for further interventions.
What Causes an Itchy Anus?
There could be many possible reasons for an itchy anus, which are often related to skin or internal medical issues.
Some skin related conditions can be a cause of itching at the anal opening. These include:
- Atopic dermatitis, which is a form of eczema.
- Excess of friction to the anal area, such as rough wiping after a bowel movement.
- Exposure to perfumes and dyes present in toilet tissue, soaps, or mostly with clothing detergents.
- Inaccurate wiping after having a bowel movement.
- Psoriasis (a long-lasting autoimmune disease).
- Profuse sweating.
Related Medical Conditions:
Medical Condition that followed by itchy anus are:
- Anal tumors.
- Bacterial infections.
- Hemorrhoids (painful swelling of blood vessels around anal area).
- Skin tags.
- Parasite infections.
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Anal fissures.
- Fecal incontinence (leaking stool).
- Yeast infections. Such as pinworms.
- Diabetes, Marham can help you find and consult the best endocrinologist in Karachi, Lahore and various other cities of Pakistan.
- Cancer, in rare cases, may be a cause of anal itching.
There are other probabilities for having “Pruritus Ani” including medications that cause diarrhea. Certain foods are also associated with the itchy anus, include:
- Caffeinated beverages.
- Spicy foods.
- Citrus fruits.
- Dairy Products.
Signs of an Itchy Anus:
An itchy anus may incorporate with the following indications around the anal area.
- Visible redness.
- Burning Sensation.
- A rash.
When To Visit a Doctor?
You need to make an appointment with the Best General physician In Lahore, or other main cities of Pakistan if you are experiencing these symptoms along with anal itching.
- If your kids are having trouble sleeping at night because of intense itching, this could be a sign of pinworms and will require immediate medical evaluation.
- If the anal itching is associated with any type of rash, bump, discharge, bleeding, or fever, call your doctor. You may need prescription medicine to make the itching go away.
Treatment and Cure:
Do not to worsen the condition by scrubbing the area with soap. This may cause more itchiness. Try to stay at home, and try these simple remedies to treat your condition.
- Wear loose-fitting cotton underwear that allows sweat to evaporate.
- Do not wear pantyhose.
- Avoid food irritants and eat a high-fiber diet.
- After bowel movements, moist pads (such as baby wipes) should be used for cleaning the anus instead of toilet paper.