Appendicitis and gallbladder both are the conditions in which a person experience severe pain in the abdomen. Both conditions are actually different from each other but people often fail to differentiate between appendicitis and gallbladder attack due to the same level of pain in the abdomen. Sometimes even many expert surgeons also get confused to diagnose the exact cause of the pain. However, there are different treatment methods and symptoms along with the abdominal pain that helps in identifying the exact disease.
To find and consult with the best gastroenterologist in Islamabad, you can visit Marham.pk.
To know the difference between appendicitis and gallbladder attack, you have to know about the brief history of diseases along with their signs and symptoms.
Appendicitis is the condition which causes the inflammation of the appendix. It is a small finger-shaped organ which is located on the lower right side of the abdomen. The appendix is connected to the large intestine and may become a serious condition if not treated on time. According to doctors, it shouldn’t be left untreated because it can lead you to any further health-related issues.
The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ which is located in the upper side of your abdomen and below the right lobe of your liver. It is an important organ of your body which stores bile that helps in the digestion of the fats. Gallbladder usually gets affected by gallstones that stuck in your bile duct or gets inflamed. You can easily get an online appointment with the best gastroenterologist in Karachi through Marham.pk.
Appendicitis Symptoms Vs Gallbladder Symptoms:
It is quite difficult to tell the difference between appendicitis and gallbladder attack when both conditions cause severe abdominal pain. But still by monitoring the symptoms closely, you might know the difference and the actual cause of your pain:
- Pain that you feel in appendicitis usually occurs in the right lower part of your abdomen.
- In gallbladder attack, you are most likely to feel the pain in the right upper side of your abdomen.
- Appendicitis pain is usually continuous that gradually becomes a severe pain.
- In gallbladder attack, you might get the episodes of pain.
- In appendicitis apart from the pain, you may experience other symptoms that include mild fever, nausea, vomiting, chills, loss of appetite, mucous in stools, and frequent urinating.
- In gallbladder attack, there are also some other symptoms such as sharp and dull pain in the chest or between the shoulder blades, nausea, vomiting, jaundice, bloating, gas, difficulty in sitting, and diarrhea.
Now you know the difference between appendicitis and gallbladder attack. You know that there is only one common symptom of two different diseases and that is abdominal pain. However, in appendicitis that pain occurs in the lower right side of the abdomen whereas in gallbladder attack the pain is experienced in the upper right side of the abdomen. Moreover, appendicitis pain is continuous while in gallbladder attack the pain is intermittent. Share your knowledge with others too, so that they also do not get confused between the two.
For more details and an online consultation with the best gastroenterologist in Pakistan, visit Marham.pk.