An electronic cigarette also known as e-cigarette is a battery operated device that releases doses of vaporized nicotine or non-nicotine solution for the user to inhale. It is used as an alternative to tobacco smoking. It provides a familiar sensation to inhale tobacco but without the smoke. Vaping has now become the most popular form of tobacco use among teenagers. It is believed that e-cigarettes are the best way to stop or cut down on smoking, which is injurious to health. In fact, they are sold as aids to reduce or quit smoking whereas many people find them helpful for this.
Is It Safe?
The sellers say it is safe to use e-cigarettes. However, research shows that it may also have a negative impact on your overall health and well-being. There are different health authorities that are working together to make strict rules and regulations to discourage young people from using e-cigarettes.
What Are The Benefits Of Using E-Cigarettes?
There are some studies that have shown using e-cigarettes can help chain smokers to quit smoking. It is suggested that it only offer modest benefits for those who want to quit smoking but gives the good potential for those who are cutting down. There is also an argument between experts. Some say it is better for young people to start vaping instead of smoking while other says e-cigarette use can also be addictive. But still, its severity and risks are lower than conventional cigarettes. To quit all type of smoking you can ask help of psychologist.
Although e-cigarette helps some people quit smoking, there is also some evidence that shows vaping is harmful in some cases. Here are some risks that associated with e-cigarettes:
- Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine, which is addictive and triggers changes in the brain of the smoker.
- E-cigarettes expose the lungs to different toxic substances.
- Some people who use or who have used e-cigarettes are less likely to stop smoking.
- Teens who use e-cigarette are more at risk to start using regular tobacco or cigarettes as well.
- Persistent use of nicotine gives pleasure, which makes a person more prone to use other drugs as well.
According to a recent study, heart rate increases from inhaling nicotine in an e-cigarette. However, it also increases the chance of getting a high blood pressure. At this point, there is only a little evidence whether e-cigarette would cause cancer or other respiratory diseases. But there is always a risk that e-cigarette devices can explode and cause burn and other severe injuries.
Few Most Popular Psychologist in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad:
Latest posts by Samiha Khan (see all)
- Common Mistakes Women Do In Skin Care - September 20, 2018
- Common Signs Indicating You Have A Thyroid Problem - September 19, 2018
- Which Home Treatments Help With Ear Pain? - September 19, 2018