Yogurt is a nutrient-rich food option. It contains phosphorus, calcium, vitamin B12, zinc, etc which impart the benefits of yogurt sexually. The hormonal balance and vaginal health can be maintained by incorporating plain yogurt into the diet.
A research study finds that the consumption of yogurt in females is linked with an increased life expectancy. The yogurt benefits extend to the prevention of diabetes, heart disease, infertility, and many chronic conditions.
Why is plain yogurt good for females?
Yogurt is rich in many nutrients that are essential for females. A 100g serving of plain yogurt contains;
- Calories 61
- Fat 3.3 g
- Calcium 34% of Daily Value
- Protein 26% of Daily Value
- Other vitamins include vitamin B12, vitamin A, riboflavin, and zinc
Some of the benefits of yogurt sexually for women include;
1. Reduces Vaginal Infection Risks
Yogurt helps prevent vaginal fungal infections as it contains probiotics.
- Regular consumption of live probiotics in plain yogurt helps women maintain a healthy vaginal environment.
- Yogurt also contains the Lactobacillus bacterium that helps fight the yeast or fungal infections that have invaded the vagina.
- The antifungal effects of yogurt for women are comparable to the pharmacological therapies in preventing and treating infections.
2. Maintains Vaginal Hygiene
Yogurt benefits include the maintenance of good vaginal hygiene.
- The vaginal canal contains an abundance of “good” microorganisms that protect against “bad” pathogens that can enter your body through the vaginal canal.
- Yogurt can also help boost the number of healthy bacteria in the body and act as a barrier to prevent irritants from entering the vaginal wall.
3. Balance Acid Levels in Vaginal Secretions
Yogurt’s good microbes help improve vaginal fitness by balancing the pH of vaginal secretions.
- A balanced acid level in the vagina supports healthy bacterial growth which ensures vaginal well-being.
- A well-balanced PH level attained by consuming yogurt help prevent associated diseases including vaginitis and trichomoniasis.
- Large amounts of probiotics in the vaginal canal, help to defend you from “bad” germs that may enter your body.
4. Promote Fertility in Females
Yogurt is packed with nutrients including zinc, calcium, vitamin D, etc which helps in boosting fertility in women.
- Calcium, probiotics, and vitamin D are all found in Greek Yogurt and cheese, all of which aid in ovulation.
- Plenty of proteins in Greek yogurt help increase the chances of a successful pregnancy by ensuring regular ovulation cycles.
- Yogurt contains healthy fats that help increase the chances of pregnancy.
Also Read: Healthy pregnancy foods
5. Yogurt is Good for PCOS
Yogurt like other dairy foods contains healthy proteins in high amounts. The available proteins in it include casein and whey.
- Women with PCOS have increased testosterone levels. It is proven by research that testosterone has a negative correlation with the proteins. This makes plain or Greek yogurt a perfect fit for the disease.
- Eating a protein-rich yogurt diet helps women manage weight and prevent obesity. This helps in the prevention of PCOS or its progression.
- Low-fat yogurt preferably Greek yogurt has also shown benefits when consumed in women with PCOS.
Precautions for Eating Yogurt
Yogurt should be consumed with caution by some people, since it can have negative consequences, especially for those who have lactose intolerance, pregnancy, or are allergic to dairy products.
- Lactose Intolerance: Consumption of milk products causes a variety of digestive problems, including abdominal pain and diarrhea. Increased complications can occur in lactose-intolerant pregnant women.
- Milk Allergy: Milk causes hives, swelling, and even life-threatening anaphylaxis in those allergic to it. Allergic pregnant women can use other dietary calcium sources and prenatal vitamins to overcome their mineral deficiencies.
- Added Sugar: Many types of Yogurt, especially those advertised as low-fat, have a lot of added sugar. Excessive sugar consumption can affect fertility and has been linked to several issues in women like obesity and PCOS.
The probiotics-rich yogurt benefits sexually for women are many. It is a good dietary addition for overall sound vaginal and sexual health in women. However, in case of any symptoms including vaginal itching and burning, foul odoring vaginal discharge, unexplained bleeding, pain, etc make an immediate appointment with a doctor.
1. Which yogurt is best for the vagina?
Greek yogurt is considered more appropriate for vaginal flora. It contains a higher percentage of probiotic strains that show enhanced benefits in women sexually.
2. Can plain yogurt stop smelly discharge?
Eating yogurt packed with lactobacillus probiotics may help restore the vaginal flora. In addition, eating lactobacillus-fortified yogurt may reduce the risk of vaginal infections.