Breeky tablet is a prescription medicine used as an abortion pill. It belongs to the class of prostaglandins and contains misoprostol as an active ingredient. The Beeky tablet is used to induce periods, induce labour pains, and treatment of ulcers etc.
Manufacturer: Sami Pharmaceutical
Drug Class: Prostaglandin
Strength: Breeky 200 mcg
Product form: Tablet
About Breeky Tablets
Breeky tablet functions by attaching to myometrial cells and causing powerful contractions that push tissue out of the uterus. They also encourage cervical ripening by softening and dilating the cervix and myometrial cell growth.
Moreover, Breeky is the ideal medication for patients at high risk of problems from gastric ulcers, such as elderly individuals, to lower the risk of NSAID-induced stomach ulcers.
Breeky Tablet Price in Pakistan
The price of Breeky 200 mcg Tab in Pakistan ranges between 15-16 PKR. The price of the tablet can vary depending on the manufacturer.
Uses of Breeky Tablet
Breeky tablet is a prostaglandin analog used for Incomplete Abortion, Missed Abortion, Postpartum Haemorrhage (PPH), Induction of cervix ripening therapy, and medically induced abortion. Some of the major uses of Breeky tablet include;
First Trimester Abortions: Breeky tablets are utilized to medically terminate pregnancies during the first trimester. They stimulate uterine contractions, facilitating the expulsion of pregnancy tissue.
Managing Miscarriages: In cases of incomplete or missed abortion, Breeky assists by enhancing uterine contractions to expel retained pregnancy tissues, ensuring the uterus is fully evacuated.
Preventing Postpartum Bleeding: After childbirth, Breeky can be used to reduce the risk of postpartum hemorrhage by promoting uterine contractions and facilitating the return of the uterus to its non-pregnant state.
Lowering the Risk of NSAID-related Ulcers: Breeky tablet 200mcg can act in the stomach to decrease gastric acid output, which in turn helps lower the risk of ulcers, especially those related to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) usage.
Side Effects of Breeky Tablets
Breeky Tablet side effects are both serious and minor. They are;
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
- Allergic skin reaction severe
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet severe
- Disrupted menstrual cycle
- Vaginal bleeding severe
- Pelvic pain and cramping severe
Other side effects not included here might also happen. Discuss any adverse effect that looks unexpected or troublesome with your doctor.
Concerns about Breeky
Following are some concerns of people about taking Breeky Tablet:
- Patients with cardiovascular illness, diabetes, renal impairment, or respiratory disease are not known to be safe or effective.
- Use with caution in women over 35 or if you smoke a lot
- When used with other medications, this medication may cause diarrhoea, such as magnesium-containing antacids
When not to use Breeky?
In the following conditions, you should not use the Breeky tablet;
- Avoid using Breeky tablets to prevent ulcers if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant. According to research, prostaglandins have the potential to result in miscarriages, early labour, or birth abnormalities.
- If you are a woman of reproductive age, you should only use a reliable form of birth control while taking Breekyl if you have had a negative pregnancy test within the last two weeks.
- If you become pregnant while using Breeky, stop using it right away and contact your doctor.
- If you have a history of allergy to this medication or any other prostaglandin analog, you should not take it.
Some general instructions taken into consideration while having Breeky tablet as the treatment of your problem are;
- Take the Breeky 200 mg Tablet as prescribed by your physician.
- Never take this medication in excess or incorrectly.
- Consult your doctor if you have any unfavourable side effects while using this medicine.
- Do not stop taking the medication without first consulting your doctor.
- Keep children and animals away from the medicine.
- Dispose of it beyond the expiration date.
- Ensure that any unused medicine is disposed of correctly.
- Breeky tablet may cause complications in heart patients
- The medicine is not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Some other important details related to the Breeky tablet are given below;
- Take the Breeky Tablet you missed as soon as you remember.
- If it is almost time for your next dosage, skip the missed dose.
- Never double up on a dose to make up for a missed one.
- If you suspect an overdose, call your doctor right once.
- Overdose symptoms may include fatigue, diarrhea, severe stomach cramps, fever, slowed heartbeat, etc.
Each medicine has a unique interaction with each individual. Before beginning any medication, discuss with your doctor all potential interactions.
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol and its interaction with Breeky are unknown. It is advised to speak with your doctor before using.
Interaction with Medicine
- cardiovascular disease
- renal impairment
- respiratory disease
Here is a list of Breeky’s substitute medications:
- Zivus tablet 200 mcg 10’s
- Zivus tablet 100 mcg 10’s
- Tecmiso tablet 200 mcg 10’s
1. What are Breeky pills used for?
When combined with another medication (mifepristone), the Breeky medicine may stop pregnancies (abortion). There are other Breeky tablet uses like cervical ripening, treatment of gastric ulcers, preventing post-partum bleeding, and managing miscarriages.
2. Is Breeky harmful?
The Breeky tablets have misoprostol that might cause miscarriage and early labour in pregnant women. Therefore, it can be harmful in this case. Additionally, some people might have diarrhea or an allergic reaction due to this medicine.
3. Is Breeky tablet used for periods?
Your doctor may prescribe you Breeky tablets for various reasons and according to your condition. This medicine is mostly used for abortions, to prevent post-partum bleeding, and to treat ulcers.
Disclaimer: The content published on Marham.pk is for informational or educational purposes only, produced from FDA-approved literature, and does not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before using a prescription or over-the-counter drug, or any other treatment option.