You may hear about someone who has had a heart attack or someone who suffered cardiac arrest. People frequently use these terms conversely, yet they are not equivalent words. A heart attack is when the bloodstream to the heart is blocked, and cardiac arrest is the point at which the heart breakdowns and all of a sudden stop beating unexpectedly. A heart attack is a “circulation” issue and cardiac arrest is an “electrical” issue.
People often confuse the terms but you need to know that there is a difference between heart attack and cardiac arrest. The uncertainty may originate from the reality that a heart attack can root cardiac attack, not all do, and not all cardiac arrest is caused by heart attacks.
To know the difference between heart attack and cardiac arrest, first, you just need to know about each term separately.
See Also: 5 Best Cardiologists in Lahore
What Is Heart Attack?
A heart attack happens when a blocked vein prevents oxygen-rich blood from reaching an area of the heart. The longer you abandons treatment, the greater the damage. Signs and symptoms of a heart attack might be quick and serious. However, heart attack indications in women can be different than men. For more guidance, you can get a consultation from the best Cardiologist in Karachi.
What Is Cardiac Arrest?
Unlike a heart attack, cardiac arrest happens all of a sudden and often without any warning. It is activated by an electrical malfunction in the heart that causes an irregular pulse (arrhythmia). With its pumping activity disrupted, the heart couldn’t pump blood to the brain, lungs and different organs. Seconds later, a man loses consciousness and has no heartbeat. Demise happens within minutes if the victim does not get treatment.
Is There Any Connection?
These two particular heart conditions are connected. A sudden cardiac attack can happen after a heart attack or during recovery. Heart attacks increase the hazard for sudden cardiac arrest. In any case, when cardiac arrest happens, a heart attack is a typical reason. Other heart conditions may likewise disturb the heart’s rhythm and prompt sudden cardiac attack.
What To Do In Both Situations?
Despite whether a person is showing symptoms of heart attack or cardiac arrest, call for help promptly (i.e, call 1122).
- If the individual is encountering indications of heart attack, asks the person to chew an aspirin (do this exclusive if the individual isn’t allergic to aspirin).
- If the patient has nitroglycerin, give him a dose.
- Endeavor to keep the individual calm to the point that assistance arrives. An excess of effort puts a strain on the heart.
- In the event that the individual uses an oxygen tank, ensure it is on and joined.
- Keep in mind, a heart attack can transform into cardiac arrest if the heart ends up damaged.
On the off chance that the individual isn’t responsive when you shout at him, expect it is Cardiac arrest and begin CPR.
- If you can get an automated external defibrillator (AED) rapidly, go get it and use it. Even better, send another person to get it and bring it back.
- Begin chest compressions immediately and don’t stop until the point when help arrives.
- You can stop CPR immediately to utilize the AED, yet begin CPR again when you are finished utilizing the device.
For more guidance, you can get a consultation from the best Cardiologist in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad.