If you’re feeling numbness, tingling, or weakness in your hand, consider it a serious sign for carpal tunnel syndrome which mostly is caused by pressure on median nerve, the special nerve runs the length of the arm, goes through a passage in the wrist called the carpal tunnel, and ends in the hand. Many people around the globe suffer from this discomforting situation without knowing much about it. But you can be one step ahead of gaining necessary information through following lines.
Why does it Happen??
In the human body, many organs are in close relation to each other and work in collaboration. In the same way, one medical complication can lead to others. Carpal tunnel syndrome also happen in result of some other Medical conditions sometimes like;
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. This is a grave pain causing ailment and leads to many other complications to treat this disorder you can consult the best rheumatologist in Lahore, Lahore by logging on to Marham.pk.
Who are at Higher Risk?
Women are three times more likely than men to get the condition due to general weakness and mostly in pregnancy. When the condition is brought on by pregnancy, the symptoms usually clear up within a few months after delivery. Certain jobs that based on the repeating same motion with your arm over a long time also raise the chances of getting the condition. Those jobs include following fields:
- Assembly line workers
- Sewing or knitting jobs
What can Prevent it?
Any life situation is not hard enough or difficult to tackle. This medical problem can also be prevented by following simple tips such as:
- Keep your wrists straight while working.
- Use a splint or brace that helps keep your wrist in a straight position.
- Avoid flexing and extending your wrists with force repeatedly.
- Talk to your doctor about suitable and easy exercises that may help.
- Arrange your activity and workspace in a way that minimizes any discomfort.
Lesser known diseases can become harmful if left untreated. So take numbness of fingers seriously and immediately work to cure it.
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options for 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018