Cytopan is a NSAID drug that is commonly used as a pain killer. Cytopan is a basic phenylacetic acid derivative that is taken orally as tablets. The 75mg Cytopan Tablet is similar in action to both meclofenamate and flurbiprofen. It lowers temperature, soothes inflammation, and lessens pain. Diclofenac and misoprostol side effects are present in this medicine. To know more Cytopan tablet uses, read the article till the end!
What is the Price of Cytopan Tablets in Pakistan?
Cytopan tablets are in the form of 20 tablets pack, 10 tablets strip each. The 20 tablets price is around 425 PKR. You can purchase per tablet at the rate of 18.27 PKR.
What is the Chemical Composition of Cytopan?
The drugs present in Cytopan are Diclofenac sodium and Misoprostol. Diclofenac belongs to a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) category that is used to treat the pain, stiffness, edema, and inflammation associated with arthritis. On the other hand, Misoprostol is used to lower the chance of developing bowel and stomach ulcers. Patients who run the risk of developing stomach or duodenal ulcers from taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines are treated for their symptoms of arthritis (such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis) with a combination of diclofenac and misoprostol (NSAIDs).
What are the Cytopan tablet Uses?
Cytopan contains Diclofenac and Misoprostol as its active components; the combination decreases the probability of stomach bleeding and irritation, and stomach and intestinal ulcers. Here are some of the conditions in which Cytopan is used to treat the symptoms;
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Stiffness of muscles
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Acute Musculoskeletal conditions
- Inflammation of joints and muscles
People who are at a high risk of developing stomach/intestinal ulcers and their related consequences are prescribed this medication combination to manage their arthritis (such as bleeding).
How to take Cytopan Tablets?
Cytopan tablets are taken in the form of enteric coated tablets. Each day, one or two tablets are often taken with a glass of water or a meal. The patient’s age, condition, and severity of symptoms all affect the dosage.
What are the Side Effects of Cytopan Tablets?
Patients taking this medication may show the following symptoms;
- nausea vomiting
- upset stomach.
Please consult your doctor, if the side effects get worse or continue.
How to Store Cytopan Tablets?
- Keep the item out of children’s reach
- store it at room temperature.
- Do not use it after the specified expiry date
What are the Contraindications of Cytopan Tablets?
- Patients with salicylate hypersensitivity or NSAID hypersensitivity who have had asthma, urticaria, or other allergic responses after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs should not take Cytopan 75mg tablet. Such patients have experienced severe, albeit infrequently fatal, anaphylactoid responses to Cytopan 75mg Tablet.
- Age-related effects of the combination of diclofenac and misoprostol in the pediatric population have not been adequately studied. Efficacy and safety have not been shown in pediatric patients, so it is not recommended for children.
- Patients who have a known hypersensitivity to Misoprostol (Cytopan), aspirin, other NSAIDs, prostaglandins, or any other constituent of Cytopan.
- Patients whose use of aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs triggers bouts of asthma, urticaria, or acute rhinitis.
- According to research, it is not safe to use diclofenac sodium during nursing in lactating mothers. Before taking it, visit your physician.
- Misoprostol (Cytopan), which produces uterine contractions and is linked to abortion, early birth, and fetal mortality, is contraindicated in pregnant women and women planning pregnancies.
- Misoprostol-active ingredient of Cytopan, has been linked to birth abnormalities. The ductus arteriosus may also prematurely close as a result of Cytopan.
- Before starting Cytopan, women who are capable of becoming pregnant should be properly counselled on the significance of using effective contraception throughout the course of their treatment.
- Use of Cytopan should be stopped if pregnancy is thought to be imminent.
What is the Strength of Cytopan tablets?
Cytopan tablets are available in the form of 2 strengths;
Cytopan tablets belong to NSAIDs group. It is a pain killer and anti-inflammatory medicine that has special ability to protect the stomach lining from damaging, and helpful for treating arthritis, osteoarthritis, pain, stiffness, etc. in patients who have sensitive stomach. The medicine is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women. And people who are allergic to NSAIDs, aspirin, etc. should avoid Cytopan.
Can’t Find the App?
When do you take Cytopan tablets?
In patients who are at high risk of developing NSAID-induced gastric and duodenal ulcers and their complications, Cytopan is indicated for the acute and chronic treatment of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), ankylosing spondylitis (AS), and acute musculoskeletal disorders.
How much Cytopan should I take?
The maximum dose of diclofenac sodium per day is 150-200mg and for misoprostol 800mcg. That means you can take maximum 4 tablets of 50mg/0.2mg Cytopan tablets per day.