A person is that what he eats. The daily food intake decides the health status of the person. The ingredients of the diet will help you to make your body healthy or make you sick. There are many food ingredients which help to body build up, provide energy and maintain your health status but some such notorious food ingredients are present which can cause sickening of the body and arsenic is one of them.
To consult best nutritionist in Islamabad to take guide about food ingredients visit Marham
Foods Containing Arsenic
In daily life, we consume many such foods which have arsenic content in it. In some areas, the available water supply is the source of arsenic. Brussels sprouts, polished rice, dark meat fish like salmon, commercially raised chicken and alcoholic beverages are enriched source of arsenic.
How it Affects the Body?
Arsenic is a severely dangerous element which can cause many health complications and life-threatening ailments. Some complications are mild and cured with proper early management. But sometimes the regular intake of this hazardous chemical can cause long term effects which can put a full stop on the human life.
Short Term Effects
If arsenic exposure is for shorter duration and at low level, some short-term effects are noted which are managed and vanished with little effort. These effects include following complications;
- Diarrhea having blood
- Abdominal pain
- Tingling of limbs
- Loss of sensation in limbs
- Hair fall
- Muscle cramps
If these symptoms noticed and managed at earlier stage then this will help greatly to inhibit the arsenic poisoning at early stage. But if these little complications left untreated and arsenic intake not prohibited then it can cause serious medical disorders.
Long Term Effects
The arsenic poisoning when reached to its maximum evil level it can cause potent damages to almost all body vital organs. Some deadly conditions which arises due to arsenic toxicity are listed below;
- Reduced blood cell production
- Degradation of existing red blood cells
- Blood circulation problem
- Heart problem( to consult the best cardiologist in Lahore visit Mrham)
- Liver enlargement
- Darkening of skin color
- Thickening of the skin
- Respiratory problems like asthma
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
- Oxidative stress and inflammation
- Brain damage (may cause alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease)
- Cancer especially in bladder, kidney, lungs and skin ( to consult best oncologist in Karachi visit Marham)
- Congenital abnormalities in newborn like microcephaly and inborn heart problem.
How To Prevent This Hazard?
Till the date, there is no cure or antidote against this poisonous element so it is better to take best preventive measures to avoid the arsenic poisoning. Here are some basic tips which can help you in this regard;
- Minimize the arsenic intake immediately.
- Take selenium and vitamin E supplements to reduce the risk of poisoning.
- Maintain your blood potassium level to fight against higher level of arsenic.
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018