Carbohydrates are an energy-giving nutrient. They are sugars and starches which are found in fruits, vegetables, grains and dairy products. Although they are usually avoided in trendy diets by diet-conscious people, carbohydrates are one of the basic nutrients we need to live a healthy and active life.
Carbohydrates are macro-nutrients which means that they are one of the three major sources of energy for our body.
Why Are Carbohydrates Important?
Carbohydrates work as the main source of fuel for your body. In order to perform any function, your body cells have to utilise energy. That energy is provided by carbohydrate metabolism. All cells in your body use carbohydrates as their energy currency but nerve cells (neurons) that make up your nervous system use most of the energy produced.
Must Read: 5 BEST DENTIST IN LAHORE
How Do Carbohydrates Affect Cavities?
- It’s a false belief that sugar creates oral cavities. Sugar is a carbohydrate. Tooth decay starts when bacteria accumulate in the mouth and start decaying the tooth.
- When carbohydrates are consumed, bacteria in your mouth is triggered to produce acid. This acid damages the protective enamel layer of your tooth and begins to create a cavity. Once the cavity is created, the restoration of tooth structure is not possible. If your kid is suffering from the tooth cavities book an appointment with the best periodontist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
- All types of rice, bread, fruits, vegetables, and pulses have carbohydrates in them. It does not mean that you must stop eating these foods. But you must know how to remove the lingering carbohydrates with bacteria that can cause tooth decay.
- Eating too many carbohydrates will cause them to remain in your mouth most of the time. Bacteria in your mouth will begin to produce acid due to them. If you fill your mouth with liquids that have a high sugar content (e.g, soft drinks) constantly, it will eventually lead to the formation of bacterial acid that will cause tooth decay. To fix your oral health issues book an appointment with the best dentist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via marham.pk.
To prevent dental decays it’s best to switch to low-carb or low-sugar diet. Eating too much sugar is not only bad for your teeth but it can also lead to serious health complications such as obesity and diabetes.
Brushing and flossing twice a day proves to be very helpful in preventing oral diseases. Also, it is recommended to visit a dentist for an oral check-up to ensure your dental health. Because beautiful white teeth are the key to a radiant smile.
Few Most Popular Dentists:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Useful Tips For Heart Patients To Follow During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018