Table of Content
Restless Leg Syndrome, also called Willis-Ekbom disease, is a typical state of the sensory system that causes a mind-boggling, compelling desire to move the legs. It can likewise cause an unpleasant crawling or sneaking sensation in the feet, calves, and thighs. The sensation is frequently more awful at night or during the evening. Once in a while, the arms are influenced as well.
What Causes Restless Leg Syndrome?
In most of the cases, there’s no conspicuous reason for restless leg syndrome. This known as idiopathic or primary restless leg syndrome and it can keep running in families. A few neurologists believe the symptoms of restless legs syndrome may have a link with how the body handles a chemical called dopamine. Dopamine is engaged in controlling muscle development and might be in charge of the automatic leg developments related to restless legs syndrome.
The major symptom is an inclination to move the legs. Other includes:
- Vibes that start after rest. The sensation ordinarily starts after you’ve been resting or sitting for an expanded time, for example, in a car, plane or film theater.
- Alleviation with movement. The sensation of RLS decreases with movement, for example, extending, wiggling your legs, pacing or strolling.
- Worsening in evening. Symptoms happen for the most part during the evening.
- Evening time leg jerking. RLS might be related to another, a more typical condition called periodic limb movement of sleep, which makes your legs jerk and kick, conceivably for the duration of the night, while you rest.
Mild cases of restless legs syndrome that aren’t connected to a fundamental wellbeing condition may not require any treatment, other than rolling out a couple of way of life improvements, for example:
- Good sleep patterns: for instance, following a standard sleep time custom, sleeping consistent hours and keeping away from liquor and caffeine late during the evening.
- Stopping smoking: if you’re a smoker the stop smoking.
- Exercise: take out some time to exercise daily.
- Medications: If your symptoms are more serious, you may require medicine to manage the levels of dopamine and iron in your body. Consult your nearest practitioner or find the best general practitioner in Islamabad, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
- Iron supplements: If restless legs syndrome is caused by iron deficiency, iron supplements might be all that is expected to treat the symptoms.
Restless Legs Syndrome isn’t life-threatening but in severe cases, it can cause insomnia and may disturb mental health.