Table of Content
Dry eye syndrome is a common condition in which tears aren’t able to provide enough lubrication for your eyes. It is caused by a chronic lack of sufficient moisture and lubrication on the surface of the eye. If you don’t produce enough tears or you produce poor tear quality that means you are suffering from dry eye syndrome. Dry eye syndrome is often called as dry eye disease or simple “dry eye”. If you’re suffering from any eye disease then you can find and consult with the best eye specialist in Pakistan through Marham.pk.
Symptoms Of Dry Eye:
Dry eye usually affects both eyes. Signs and symptoms of dry eye syndrome or dry eye include:
- Heavy eyes
- Burning sensation
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
- Itchy eyes
- Sore eyes
- Eye redness
- A sensation of having something in your eyes
- Dryness sensation
- Fatigued eyes
- Difficulty in wearing contact lenses
- The difficulty with nighttime driving
- Mucus in or around the eyes
- Aching sensations
You can also book an online appointment with the best eye specialist in Islamabad through Marham.pk.
Read Also: 5 Best Eye Specialists in Karachi
What Causes Dye Eye Syndrome?
Dry eye syndrome is usually caused by lack of adequate tears in your eyes. An adequate and reliable layer of tears on the surface of the eye is important to keep your eyes healthy, comfortable, and seeing well because tears are a complex mixture of water, fatty oils, and mucus. This mixture helps to keep the surface of eyes smooth and clear which further protect your eyes from infection. Some most common causes of dry eye syndrome are:
- Decreased tear production (due to certain medical conditions including diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid disorders, vitamin A deficiency, acne, antidepressants, drugs for high blood pressure, birth control, and Parkinson’s disease)
- Laser eye surgery
- Tear gland damage
- Natural Aging Process
- Increased tear evaporation ( due to the wind, smoke, dry air, blinking less often, and eyelid problems)
- Imbalance in tear composition
To get an online consultation with the best eye specialist in Karachi, visit Marham.pk.
What Is The Treatment For Dry Eye Syndrome?
There are many effective treatment options for dry eye syndrome which include:
- Artificial Tear Drops And Ointments
- Treating the underlying cause of dry eyes
- Eye inserts that work like artificial tears
- Eye drops made from our own blood
- Closing your tear duct to reduce tear loss
- Using special contact lenses
- Unblocking oil glands
- Using light therapy and eyelid massage
You can prevent dry eye syndrome by avoiding the environmental cause. If eyes are dry due to reading or watching TV then take frequent breaks to allow the eyes to rest. It will help your eyes to become moist and comfortable. Closing your eyes for 10 seconds after every 10 minutes will also increase the comfort of your eyes.
Whenever you notice signs and symptoms of dry eyes, immediately book an appointment with the best eye specialist. Eyes are a very sensitive part of your body and it needs to be treated on time, so without any delay visit Marham.pk, where you can find and consult with the best eye specialist In Pakistan.