Table of Content
Knowing how your breasts normally look and feel is a significant part of breast health. Finding breast cancer, as early as possible gives you a greater chance of successful treatment. But, knowing what to look for, does not mean having regular mammograms and other screening tests for evaluating breast cancer. Screening tests can aid find breast cancer in its early stages, even before any symptoms come into sight & get visible. It can crop up both in men and women but is more widespread in women. That’s why for women, knowing the warning signs of breast cancer is very important!
Breast cancer starts when cells in the breast begin to multiply in an undisciplined manner. These cells then form an abnormal growth called a tumor that can be detected in an x-ray or can also be felt as a lump in the breast over self-examination. This tumor can be either cancerous or mild. If the tumor is malignant (cancerous) then the cells occupy surrounding tissues or organs and (spread) there.
Types Of Breast Cancers
-Ductal carcinoma: It is cancer that originates in the milk ducts.
-Lobular carcinoma: It is a type of cancer that begins from lobules, where milk is produced.
-Invasive breast cancer: It spreads from where it originates (either ducts or lobules) to the surrounding tissues.
-Another less common breast cancer is inflammatory breast cancer, where the breasts become red and swollen.
The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or chunk. A painless, hard clump that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancer, but breast cancers can be fragile, soft, or rounded. They can even be severely painful. Whether you have never had breast cancer or even it is rare in your family history. It is important to have checked by a health care provider experienced in diagnosing breast diseases or you can simply book an appointment with the best gynecologist in Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan. If you see any of the following changes, bring them to your doctor’s attention.
- A dimpled, wrinkled, creased, or bulging (curving outward) of the breast’s skin.
- A nipple that has changed position or you looks inverted (pushed inward instead of sticking out). It should emerge & prominent.
- Any sighted Redness, soreness, rash, or even swelling can be one of the early symptoms of breast tumor.If you experience the symptoms mentioned below, then contact your oncologist for a wise decision;
- The scaling of nipple’s skin or breast skin. It can also because of Skin Ulcer.
- Discharge from the nipples that may contain blood.
- Sharp pain in the armpits or breast.
- Breast Bone pain.
- Extreme weight loss.
How Does Breast Cancer Form?
Changes or variations in DNA can cause normal breast cells to become cancerous. Certain DNA changes are passed on from parents (genes) and can greatly increase the risk of breast cancer. Other lifestyles related risk factors may include what you eat and how much you exercise. It can increase your chance of developing breast cancer, but it is not yet known exactly how some of these risk factors cause normal cells to become cancer. Hormones seem to play a vital role in many cases of breast cancer, but just how this develops is not fully understood.
Controversies About Breast Cancer
Stories about probable causes of breast cancer are often in the media or we more likely receive them as text messaging. But, It is not always clear any of the ideas are supported by some clue or proof. Because either there is no evidence about them or it is less clear. Some myths include;
- Uneven breasts (one breast is larger than the other)
- Breasts injury
- Bras (especially Black bras)
- Terminating/Abort a pregnancy
- Cell phones
- Contact with someone who has cancer
- Breast cancer is not contagious.
- Breast cancer is not related to wearing underwire bras, any implants, using deodorants, antiperspirants, mammograms test for breast cancer diagnosis, caffeine, plastic food serving items, microwaves, or cell phones, as myths often suggest. Feel free to ask your queries for breast cancer evaluation as early as possible. You can easily find the best online Doctors in your city and get more information through Marham’s Forum.
- Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with top urologists in Pakistan through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online appointment booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home Stay Safe!