Pregnancy is an overwhelming journey. At times you will be feeling great and at once you may feel as sick as ever. The hormonal surge and decline during this period may take a toll on your routine. As much as it is important to eat right it is equally critical to attend to your feelings.
Some of the mood swings are part of what pregnancy brings along. However, too much stress and sadness can be a sign of depression in pregnancy. Don’t feel ashamed to mention your problems and discuss them with your health care provider. You can also go for online consultation with the best psychologist in Karachi or any other main city of Pakistan. Just log onto marham.pk and avail this amazing service.
Benefits Of Yoga In Pregnancy:
Experts agree that yoga is a great way to gain control of your mind, body, and breathing. It has been researched regarding its amazing benefits for many diseases such as depression and diabetes. Yoga, particularly in pregnancy, is a great way to unwind. Yoga in pregnancy is also called prenatal yoga. Here are some of the amazing benefits of this meditation.
It Keeps You In Shape:
One of the first things you will learn at your prenatal yoga class is breathing. This teaches you to inhale completely filling your lungs and then exhaling until your stomach deflates. Deep breathing as practiced in yoga has many benefits. Deep and conscious breathing is advantageous for coping with stress during labor, pregnancy, and motherhood.
Lesser Chances of Complications during Pregnancy:
Prenatal yoga is helpful to reduce the chances of complication in pregnancy. It lowers pain and stress levels. It is even found to be helpful in lowering the risk of having a baby with low birth weight. If your newborn has low birth weight get him assessed from an experienced child specialist. You can find the best child specialists in Karachi using marham.pk.
Research Also Suggests That:
- Prenatal yoga can help in a better quality of sleep.
- It can reduce stress.
- yoga in pregnancy improves strength, endurance, and flexibility which is helpful in childbirth.
- this meditation dampens pain symptoms like lower back pain in pregnancy.
- Prenatal yoga can also alleviate nausea.
- Yoga in pregnancy is helpful for sciatica as well. especially warrior pose is thought to be beneficial.
- Practicing yoga in pregnancy can improve symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy.
- Shortness of birth is a common complaint in pregnancy. Prenatal yoga can be helpful in this condition. For other breathing problems, you can book an appointment with the best pulmonologist in Karachi or any other main city of Pakistan using marham.pk.
What Are The Best Yoga Poses During Pregnancy?
You cannot practice advanced poses of yoga as headstands and shoulder stand during pregnancy. However, some of the poses mentioned below are good in pregnancy. Just be sure to take an approval from your doctor to avoid any unwanted symptoms. Here is some yoga poses great to practice during pregnancy.
- Cobbler’s pose
- Pelvic tilt
- Side-lying postures
- Standing warrior pose
- Tree posture
Safety Guidelines for Prenatal Yoga:
There are certain safety guidelines to follow when you decide to indulge in prenatal yoga.
- First and foremost is the informed consent of your gynecologist. Discuss what you will be doing these exercises and get to know if these are safe for your specific condition. You can consult with the best doctor in Lahore using marham.pk. if you have a backache, heart health issues or if you are at the risk of preterm labor you may not be able to do prenatal yoga. Therefore getting an OK from your doctor is essential.
- As a general rule 30 minutes of moderate physical activity is found to be suitable for most pregnant women. They can carry out doing this 5 days a week. Doing less frequent and for the shorter span is also helpful.
- Remember at any time during exercise you should be able to speak normally. If you are panting and cannot carry out a conversation you are doing too hard. You should slow down and set your pace as mentioned.
- Be sure to do prenatal yoga in an appropriately ventilated area. This will help to maintain your body temperature. Overheating is not good for you in pregnancy.
- Staying hydrated is always important. It becomes critical when exercising during pregnancy.
- For most pregnant ladies advanced poses of yoga which involve bending and twisting are not recommended. Indulge in these only if you are an expert yoga practitioner and with the consent of your doctor and trainer.
Avoid overdoing and stretching your limits in pregnancy. For maximum do only as much as you can do when you were not pregnant. Pay close attention to how you feel. If you witness any abnormal symptoms like vaginal bleeding, changes in fetal movements or contractions visit your gynecologist instantly.
The following two tabs change content below.
She is pharmacist by profession and has worked with several health care setups.She began her career as health and lifestyle writer.She is adept in writing and editing informative articles for both consumer and scientific audiences,as well as patient education materials.
Latest posts by Sehrish (see all)
- Why COVID-19 is Exceptionally Dangerous for High Blood Pressure Patients? - April 7, 2020
- How COVID-19 can Affect Diabetics? - April 3, 2020
- 3 Tips to Prepare for Online Therapy Session During COVID-19 - April 2, 2020