Proteins are one of the ‘macronutrients’. That means they are essentially required by the body in high amounts. The reason is unlike carbs and fats, proteins are not stored by the body. Hence, our diets must consist of necessary proteins to fulfill our body’s need for proteins. Proteins are an important part of every cell in our body.
They are required for many functions and our proper growth. Such as:
- Our body uses proteins to build muscles and tissues.
- They also repair the damaged organs and tissues.
- Hair and nails are made up of proteins. In case of any hair, nail skin problems visit the best skin specialist in Lahore, best skin specialist in Karachi or other main cities fo Pakistan.
- Proteins make up many hormones and enzymes, also antibodies which protect our body from the harmful viruses and diseases.
Consequences of Protein Deficiency:
Since proteins are vital for our body, their deficiency may lead to a number of health issues such as:
Related: 5 Protein Rich Foods other than Meat
- Improper growth
- Weakened hair and nails
- Muscle breakdown
- Deficiency of proteins leads to body organs being at risk.
- The immune system does not work properly, so the body comes at a risk of catching more diseases since the defense system of the body becomes inactive!
Protein requirement of a human for a healthy body?
(Based on 2000 calories diet)
An adult usually needs somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 calories, depending on their activity level. For a 2,000-calorie diet, 10 to 35 percent of your calories amounts to 50 to 175 grams of protein. The average adult needs about 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. One kilogram equals 2.2 pounds, so a person who weighs 165 pounds (75kg) would need about 60 grams of protein per day. Find and consult with the best nutritionist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via Marham to know more about a balanced diet.
Sources of Quality Protein:
Major sources of proteins are:
- Dairy products
A lot of supplements and protein shakes are also available in the markets for fulfilling the necessary protein level in the body. But you should always prefer the natural sources of obtaining nutrients instead of the artificial ones.
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018
- 5 Reasons To Avoid Drinking From Your Tap Directly - September 11, 2018