If you are curious about knowing that how to become a psychologist in Pakistan then let us tell you that here you got the right place. We are going to discuss here all the details what you need. Psychology is the study of normal and pathological mental states, perceptual, cognitive, emotional, and social processes through observation, interpretation, and recording of how people interact with one another. Psychologists are doctors or therapists who specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and counselling of patients who are suffering from mental illnesses.
WHAT DO PSYCHOLOGISTS DO?
The major goal is to comprehend the emotional, mental, and behavioral elements that contribute to the problems that clients are experiencing. They collaborate with psychiatrists to treat clients with a variety of therapies, psychological studies, and theories in order to help them overcome their mental illnesses. Psychologists, on the whole, assess, diagnose, and treat psychological issues and behavioral dysfunctions that arise from or are related to physical and mental health. Furthermore, they serve an important role in promoting healthy behavior, preventing diseases, and increasing the quality of life of patients.
PSYCHOLOGY IN PAKISTAN
In order to become a professional and accredited psychologist in Pakistan, a person might complete a variety of courses.
The following courses are available in Pakistan:
- BS Psychology (4 years)
- MS Psychology (2 years)
- MPhil Psychology (2 years)
- D Psychology (four years) (3 years program)
Postgraduate psychology studies are also an option for aspirants.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSIONS
Admission requirements for psychology courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
For the Bachelor’s Degree Program
- Intermediate (FA or F.Sc) with a minimum of 50% grades)
Intended for the MS Program
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Minimum CGPA of 2.5/4.00
- The candidate must pass the university’s test and interview.
As part of the MPhil programme
- Minimum 2.5/4.00 CGPA required
- Candidate must pass the university’s test
PSYCHOLOGY JOB OPPURTUNITIES:
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Psychological Research Centers
- Teaching in Colleges & Universities
- Marketing Industry Industry
- Forensics Departments of law enforcement agencies
- Career counselors Universities/schools
- Independent Career Counselor
- Welfare Organizations
- Psychological assessment and testing
- Research Establishments
- Development of prevention programs
SCOPE OF PSYCHOLOGY IN PAKISTAN
Employers in Pakistan are increasingly appreciating the analytical and reasoning skills that psychology provides. The study of human mind and behavior is known as psychology. It allows researchers to investigate unsolved questions about the brain, such as how the brain functions under stress, how to acquire languages, recall data, and how mental disease affects brain function. After earning your BSc (Hons) Psychology degree, you can specialize in areas including health, clinical, education, research, occupational therapy, counselling, neurology, sports & exercise, and forensic medicine. Employers are increasingly valuing psychology degrees because of the analytical and reasoning skills they provide.
HIGHEST PAYING PSYCHOLOGY JOBS
The study of psychology encompasses a wide range of topics. There are numerous professional routes to choose from, as well as a wide range of earnings to be earned. Of course, knowing which jobs pay the most is beneficial, especially in bad economic times. To that aim, here’s a guide that explains which psychology careers pay the most per year in 2019, as well as the degree and training required for such jobs. However, keep in mind that incomes vary widely depending on a variety of factors, including years of experience, educational accomplishment, geographic region, and more.
Psychiatrist is the first profession on the list.
- Average Annual Wage: $216,090
- Psychiatrists must first obtain a bachelor’s degree, then attend medical school, and finally complete a four-year residency. This equates to approximately 8 years. To know in more detail consult with an expert
Psychologist who specializes in industrial and organizational psychology
- The average annual salary is $102,530.
- Most experts in this industry have a PhD in industrial-organizational psychology, and those who have finished this level of education have greater work prospects (and higher wages). Those with a master’s degree, on the other hand, have some options.
Neuropsychologist on the number third
- Average Annual Wage: $93,440
- Doctorate degree in neuropsychology or clinical neuropsychology is required.
FUTURE OF PSYCHOLOGY IN PAKISTAN
In the department of health and sciences, psychology is a growing field. With advancements in technology, there is a greater emphasis on brain illnesses and their treatment. People with mental health concerns and their treatment were previously ignored . Nowadays, mental illness is treated as if it were a medical ailment, and the number of people seeking treatment for mental illnesses has skyrocketed. Every year, the Pakistan Army advertises for psychologists to fill open positions. Army psychologists are hired for lucrative positions such as captain. The Pakistan Army, Pakistan Air Force, and Pakistan Navy have all begun recruiting psychologists to work in their hospitals with their troops. In the military, they receive luxury and enticing compensation.
CONSULT WITH A PSYCHOLOGIST FOR ANY QUERY
To know more about how to become a psychologist in pakistan, consult an expert. Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries related to something that’s bothering you if its about someone who is not accepting their fault. You can book an appointment with the BEST Psychologists in Pakistan through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
CAN’T FIND THE APP
What qualifications do I need for a psychologist?
- Step 1: Earn a BPS-accredited psychology qualification.
- Step 2: Earn a BPS Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
- Step 3: Continue your education in the field of psychology in which you want to work.
How much a psychologist earns in Pakistan?
In Pakistan, a psychologist’s average monthly income is Rs 40,000.
Are psychologists called Doctors in Pakistan?
Many universities in Pakistan now provide clinical psychology, resulting in an increase in the number of psychologists in the country. A psychologist is not a medical expert; rather, it is a professional who works with a patient’s mental state and behavioural behaviours.