Does your skin often appear shiny, your makeup tends to slide off, and pimples keep appearing on your cheeks? If you said yes, you probably have oily sensitive skin. Before exploring how to care for oily sensitive skin, let’s look at the causes of this problem.
Oily skin is caused by various factors, including genetics, hormones, stress, and diet. Yes, you heard it right; an unhealthy diet can cause oily skin, and you can consult a nutritionist for better advice.
Dealing with oily sensitive skin is frustrating. It’s not possible to change your skin’s underlying composition, but you can make changes to how you take care of it.
Home Remedies for Oily Sensitive Skin
Are you curious to know how to care for oily sensitive skin? Well, here are several simple home remedies that can help you reduce oil production on your skin and give you a more radiant complexion.
Wash your face
Even though it may seem obvious, many people with oily skin do not wash their faces daily. If you have oily skin, you must wash it twice a day with a gentle soap like glycerin soap. You may read 12 secrets to acne-free skin.
These thin, small papers won’t stop the sebaceous glands from overproducing oil, but they will help you blot excess oils from your face, which will help to reduce greasy, shiny skin. Blotting papers are cheap and readily available; use as required throughout the day.
Honey is regarded as one of nature’s most effective skincare products. It could help oily and acne-prone skin because of its antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
Honey is a natural humectant, which keeps your skin moist without being oily. This is because humectants absorb moisture from the skin and do not replace it.
Spread a thin layer of honey, especially raw, onto your face to treat pimples and oily skin; just let it dry for about 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with warm water. You can also read the 5 most effective ways to treat oily skin.
Cosmetic clays, also known as healing clays, absorb excess oil from the skin and treat various skin conditions. Because of high absorbency, the French green clay is a widely used treatment for acne and oily skin.
To make a French green clay mask:
- Mix a teaspoon of clay with filtered or rose water until it forms a pudding-like consistency.
- Apply the mixture on your face, and then wait for it to dry.
- Remove the clay using warm water and pat dry.
Peel-off masks are harsher on your skin than clay masks removed with water. If you have any queries, you can make an appointment with the top skin specialists of Pakistan.
Oatmeal soothes inflamed skin while also absorbing excess oil, and it also aids in the exfoliation of dead skin. Oatmeal is generally ground when used in facial masks, and it goes well with yogurt, honey, and mashed fruit like apples, bananas, or papaya.
To apply oatmeal to your face, follow these steps:
- Combine 1/2 cup of the ground oats with hot water and make a paste.
- Stir in one tablespoon honey.
- Massage the mixture on your face for almost three minutes; rinse using warm water, and then pat dry.
- Alternatively, apply the mixture to your face, leave it for 10–15 minutes, rinse using warm water, and pat dry.
In addition to exfoliating your skin, ground almonds also soak up excess oil and impurities. To make an almond face scrub:
- Finely grind the raw almonds to make three teaspoons.
- Add two tablespoons of raw honey.
- Apply it gently onto your face in circular motions.
- Rinse using warm water, and pat dry.
Do not use an almond mask if you have a nut allergy.
Egg whites and lemons
A folk remedy for oily skin is egg whites and lemons, and both of these ingredients are said to tighten pores. According to the Journal of Food Safety, lemons have antibacterial properties. This remedy, however, is not suitable for people who are allergic to eggs.
To make egg whites and lemon face masks:
- Combine one egg white and one teaspoon of freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply it to the face, leave it on till the mask dries.
- Remove using warm water, and pat dry.
Salicylic acid in tomatoes is a common home remedy for acne. Tomato acids may aid in absorbing excess skin oils and the unclogging of pores. To make a tomato mask, follow these steps:
- Combine one teaspoon sugar with the pulp of one tomato.
- Apply it in a circular motion on your skin.
- Leave the mask on for five minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly using warm water and then pat dry.
You may also apply only tomato slices or tomato pulp to your skin.
Be patient with your care routine and just be kind to yourself. If your efforts are not yielding results, consult a dermatologist.
1. Is Rosewater good for oily skin?
Yes, it reduces oil secretion and cleanses the pores from deep within.
2. Does drinking water cure acne?
Yes, drinking 8 glasses of water in a day helps you get rid of acne.
3. What causes hormonal acne in males?
Well, an increase in testosterone levels leads to increased sebum production, which, combined with blocked follicles, causes bacterial overgrowth, leading to acne.
Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with the top dermatologists in Pakistan through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home. Stay Safe!