Considering that the skin of your under eyes is more thin and delicate than the rest of your face, it needs extra care. Some of the common undereye problems are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines. It is why ‘how to take care of your under-eye skin’ is the question of so many people. And we are here to offer the solution.
How to Take Care of Your Under Eye Skin: 5 Best Ways
With tons of under-eye skincare remedies and products are available for under-eye problems, you can become easily confused with which one would suit you the best. However, we have listed the best ways to take care of your under-eye skin below. But, before trying any of these methods, it is essential to consult a skin specialist, especially if you have sensitive skin. Through Marham, you can easily book an appointment and consultation with the Best Cosmetologists in Pakistan.
1. Hydration and Moisture To Protect Delicate Skin
As discussed above, your under-eye skin is extremely sensitive. So, without moisture, the skin cells here can quickly lose their elasticity and cause wrinkles. Therefore, it is essential to use a good moisturizer and preferably one with Vitamin E and C. Along with this, use the oldest trick in the book and drink at least eight glasses of water every day so that your body can flush out toxins and waste products that cause aging.
2. Hydroquinone for Dark Circles
Hydroquinone is a chemical found in skin-lightening serums and creams. This chemical inhibits the skin’s formation of melanin and aids in the reduction of dark circles. To see long-term results, you must utilize these products on a daily basis. Most over-the-counter creams, gels, and lotions contain up to 2% hydroquinone and are easily available in stores.
3. Apply Sunscreen to Stop Aging
If exposed to dangerous UV radiation from the sun, your under-eye skin can become damaged. The damage from these UV rays can lead to early aging, pigmentation, and even permanent dark spots. Therefore, you must apply sunscreen on your face correctly and never miss the under-eye area. Wearing sunglasses can also help protect your eyes and the skin around them.
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends using a sunscreen every day, no matter their age or gender. Select a sunscreen that has SPF higher than 30, is water-proof, and provides defense against UVA and UVB rays both.
4. Jade Rollers for Puffiness
Puffiness in the under-eye area is usually caused by fluid accumulation overnight, which is why most people experience it in the morning. A jade roller might be able to help you here because it is known to push excessive fluid and toxins away from your face. All you have to do is cool the jade roller in the fridge for a while and roll it on your face after applying a serum or oil, e.g., almond oil. This remedy can be used every day since there are no side effects.
5. Retinol for Wrinkles
What is the best cream for wrinkles and fine lines? The one that has retinol in it. Retinol is a magic ingredient for aging under-eye skin, a vitamin A derivative that increases collagen formation resulting in smoother and fresher under-eye skin. Retinol-containing products penetrate into the skin and help diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Moreover, this ingredient is also helpful in achieving even-toned skin and is mainly used at night. However, you should be careful while using it because it can irritate your eyes. In case of irritated eyes due to any cream or formula usage, consult an Eye specialist as soon as possible to avoid any harmful effects.
Some Home Remedies for Under Eye Skin Issues
Any person searching for how to take care of your under-eye skin would want to know what they can use as skincare at home. So, we have listed some of the most effective home remedies for under eye skin issues below:
- Tea Bags for Under-Eye Bags: This remedy for under-eye bags is quite simple to use. You simply place two used tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Take them out and put them under your eyes for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cold Spoon for Puffiness: If you do not own a jade roller, don’t worry because a spoon can work like magic as well. Just put a silver spoon in the freezer for 10 minutes and apply it under your eyes. This will drain excess fluid and reduce the puffiness of your eyes.
- Coffee for Dark Circles: Caffeine can also be used to lighten dark circles. All you have to do is take half a teaspoon of coffee and mix it in one teaspoon of water. Apply this mixture to your under eyes and leave for 10 minutes. Then, wash your face with warm water. Do this 2-3 times a week because you may not see its effect after the first use only.
When to Consult a Dermatologist?
The treatments listed above can help reduce the occurrence of many under-eye issues. However, you must go to a skin specialist if you are experiencing the following under eye problems:
- Redness, rashes, or irritation in the under-eye area
- Discoloration (yellow, blue, or purple) under the eyes
- Long-lasting swelling under eyes
Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with the Best Dermatologists in Pakistan through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home. Stay Safe!
1. Is it OK to put moisturizer under eyes?
Yes, it is recommended to use a moisturizer under your eyes to keep them hydrated and prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
2. How can I fix my under-eye skin naturally?
By getting a good night’s sleep, applying sunscreen every day, and using good skincare products.
3. How do you build collagen under your eyes?
Products that contain Vitamin C, E, and retinol can help build collagen under your eyes.