Is charcoal toothpaste good for you? Read this segment to know. As you all know that charcoal is a solid black powder of carbon that is made from burning organic material. This organic material is made up of carbon, and after boiling, it is left in a powdery form which we all call Charcoal. And if this powder is further burnt at the highest temperature, it becomes activated and called activated Charcoal. We all know that Charcoal is known as a teeth whitener but is it safe to use it as a toothpaste for teeth whitening. So that’s why in this article, we will explore the question “Is charcoal toothpaste good for your teeth? ”
Uses of Charcoal Toothpaste
Before getting into the details of the question is charcoal toothpaste good for your teeth cleaning or not, we have to see some benefits that attract people towards its use. Following are the benefits of Charcoal for teeth;
- Activated charcoal help to remove stains, and it makes the teeth’ surface clean. However, there are no studies that it can affect your teeth’ enamel, but experts say it may harm your enamel most of the time.
- Charcoal toothpaste can improve the lousy odor of the mouth.
- It gives you professional cleaning of the mouth, so if your mouth is too dirty, then this is a good option for you to use.
Risk Factors of Charcoal Toothpaste
As you have seen the benefits of charcoal toothpaste, but there is nothing in the world that does not have disadvantages along with advantages. The same is the case with charcoal toothpaste. So let’s see some risk factors associated with its use. And find out the answer to the question “Is charcoal toothpaste good for your teeth?”
- Faster tooth decay
- Enamel decomposition
- Yellowing of teeth if enamel gets effected
- Staining of several materials inside Charcoal in case of enamel decomposition
Is Charcoal Toothpaste Good for your Teeth
Now come to the most important point, let’s see whether it is safe to use charcoal toothpaste. In a 2017 study, dentists were very cautious about the use of charcoal toothpaste. So research was taken place, and the predicted results were
- Charcoal toothpaste is damaging for everyday purposes. Because its material is highly abrasive and can affect the enamel, it can cause the teeth to become yellow if the enamel is affected.
- Because of the continuous use of charcoal toothpaste, the enamel gets affected, and a chemical called dentin appears on the teeth.
- Most of the time, these charcoal toothpaste don’t have the fluoride ingredient in it. So it helps to make your teeth decay faster as fluoride is essential for the health of teeth. Moreover, increased charcoal toothpaste use has resulted in tooth decay.
- The charcoal particles can accumulate in crevices and cracks of older teeth so that they may create staining on your teeth.
- Most dentists are concerned about its effect on dental restorations. They are worried about whether they can affect crowns, white fillings, and bridges or not. These charcoal particles may build gray and black outlines on your teeth.
- This toothpaste is not better for long-term use as it weakens the teeth because of regular basis use. We hope that you must have got the answer to the question “Is charcoal toothpaste good for your teeth?”
Alternatives for Charcoal Toothpaste
After reading the above risk factors, we know that you are becoming conscious, and you are feeling risky for charcoal toothpaste. So here we will tell you about the alternatives. There can be two alternatives, one through medicines or toothpaste, and the other is through home remedies.
- Whitening toothpaste is available, which can be used as whitening strips or whitening treatment for your teeth. Some toothpaste contains blue covariant and hydrogen peroxide, which is also an excellent ingredient to maintain the health of the teeth.
- The other alternatives are the remedies that can be used to whiten the teeth instead of charcoal toothpaste. These home products have the ingredients; hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, apple cider vinegar.
- If you do regular brushing after meals and drinking something, this can also help you attain better teeth health.
We know that charcoal toothpaste is getting colossal attention these days by giving everyone the instant whitening effect. This is why lots of people are having concern about the question “Is charcoal toothpaste good for teeth or not?” But do not do something that costs you more than it is offering. Instead of this, you can use other alternatives for teeth whitening, which we have described above. We hope you consider your teeth’ long-term health rather than getting some instant effects through charcoal toothpaste. Moreover, you can consult a dentist to resolve your teeth problems.
How to use Charcoal for teeth?
Using Charcoal, you have to take it out from the capsule and then sprinkle it onto your brush. Apply this brush to your teeth. Brush it for almost 5-6 minutes, and then wash it off. It will instantly whiten your teeth.
What are the side effects of Charcoal on teeth?
Charcoal can affect the enamel of the teeth and may produce tooth sensitivity in you. It can cause faster tooth decay in you.
Does Charcoal work for teeth whitening?
Yes, activated Charcoal helps remove surface stains from teeth, and it works as an instant teeth whitener.
Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with the top dentists in Pakistan through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home. Stay Safe!