It’s a very common practice among us to prefer chubby kids because they look ‘healthier and more beautiful’ than lean children. Or if our children don’t have rippling body fat, we’ll start feeding them excessively to make them look like a living plushy.
What we’re doing is not a definition of ‘health’ for our kids, it’s basically preference to obesity to reach the unnecessary social standards of childhood beauty.
Childhood obesity is a source of the onset of many adverse health conditions that may be long-lasting, or trigger even worse health problems in adulthood. To maintain your kid’s health do not miss well-child check-ups. To find and consult with the best child specialist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan visit marham.pk.
There are many factors that cause obesity in children. One of the greatest risk factors for childhood obesity is the obesity of both parents. Other factors include
- Excessive consumption of junk food.
- Increased use of technological devices.
- Decreased physical exercise.
Childhood obesity has now been reviewed as ‘pandemic’ by health specialists and professionals.
Diseases Caused by Childhood Obesity:
Obesity in children has been strongly linked to cause fatal health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, sleep disorders, liver diseases, menarche (early puberty), eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia, respiratory problems, and cancer.
Visit marham.pk to consult the top-rated nutritionists in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad for a perfect diet plan for your children and yourself.
The Relation between Childhood Obesity and Cancer:
A researcher from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine has linked obesity to increased risk of 13 different types of cancer in young adults. Cancer types which were associated with older people over 50 are now reported with increasing frequency in young adults.
Childhood obesity is a growing health concern because it can lead to the development of cancer early and late in life. High BMI (Body Mass Index) at growing age increases cancer risks in the following ways:
- Obesity causes changes in a person’s DNA that can accumulate over time. These changes include epigenetic modifications (genetic flags or markers) that increase cancer risk and may persist even after losing weight.
- It hyperactivates the immune system to produce harmful by-products like peroxide and oxygen radicals that mutate DNA.
A geneticist can help you in treatment and prevention genetic disorders. To find the best geneticist in Lahore, Karachi, and other main cities of Pakistan visit marham.pk.
- Obesity also alters an individual’s metabolism, causing growth factor and hormone imbalances that help cancer cells thrive.
Consult the most highly rated endocrinologists in Lahore, Karachi, and other main cities of Pakistan through marham.pk.
- In the gut, obesity changes intestine microbial flora such that tumor-promoting species dominate.
- Acid reflux in obese individuals damages their food-pipe and elevates the risk of esophageal cancer. To find the most reviewed oncologist in Lahore, Karachi or any other main city of Pakistan log on to marham.pk.
Obesity increases cancer risks in a person in multiple ways. If we successfully block one pathway, obesity-induced cancer will take another path. The most effective solution to this problem is to prevent the expansion of obesity in both children and adults.
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018
- 5 Reasons To Avoid Drinking From Your Tap Directly - September 11, 2018