Table of Content
Expecting a baby is a journey of joy along with a lot of care. Many concerns, worries, and apprehensions hit you out of nowhere. Best way to stay calm and under control is to know what exactly is true. The health of your baby depends on you. So taking proper care of yourself will nip many problems in the bud.
Many expectant women worry about premature birth. It is a fact that preterm babies face a lot of ordeals when it comes to health. Knowing what puts you at the risk of preterm labor and birth can give you enough space to keep triggers at bay. Also, regular consultation with your gynecologist can never be emphasized enough. Marham can help you find and consult the best gynecologist in Karachi or any other main city of Pakistan.
What is Premature Birth?
Premature birth is the one taking place before the start of the 37th week of pregnancy. A baby born three weeks prior to the estimated due date is considered a preemie. Babes born at or before 25 weeks of pregnancy are termed as extremely preterm.
Read Also: 5 Best Gynecologists in Lahore
What Are The Risk Factors?
Very often the root cause of preterm labor remains unknown. However, some known risk factors can elevate the chances of occurrence. Here we have rounded up risk factors that can lead to premature birth. Take a look and stay safe.
If you already had a premature birth your chances for delivering preterm are higher.
- Women pregnant with twins or multiples are more prone to preterm labor.
- Back to back pregnancies which are less than 6 months apart increase chances of the premature birth of a baby.
- In vitro fertilization also leads to preterm birth.
- Certain health problems involving the uterus, placenta and cervix mount the chances of preterm birth.
- Smoking and drug abuse during pregnancy can lead to preterm birth.
- Physical injury and trauma can induce preterm labor.
- High blood pressure and diabetes also lead to an earlier birth. To find and consult the best endocrinologist in Karachi or other main cities of Pakistan use marham.pk.
- Women who are underweight or overweight have a higher incidence of preterm labor.
- Stressful events like the death of a loved one can also impact the duration of pregnancy.
Looking at these factors I gather how life and well being of the baby is closely interlinked to his mother. Only healthy mothers can raise healthy generations.