Table of Content
Mouth Ulcers are painful. They make swallowing of food and drinking difficult for a person and in extreme cases person might feel difficulty in speaking as well. They usually appear in the mouth or at the base of our gums.
In this article, we will discuss the causes and treatments of Canker sores. Let’s discuss the causes first:
- Minor mouth injury during dental work can become a cause of ulcer
- Brushing hard or accidental bite
- Usage of expired mouthwash or toothpaste
- Some foods especially acidic ones such as Lemon, strawberry, Pineapples can trigger sores
- Eating too hot can often cause it to happen
- Dental braces can cause them too
- Bacterial and fungal infections are often a cause of sores
All of the above-mentioned points indicate the reasons behind the ulcers now we will talk about conditions in which you should seek medical help instantly, you can also consult with the best Gastroenterologist in Karachi.
- Round & Large size ulcers
- Appearance of new mouth ulcer before the old one heals
- Painless sores that last for more than three weeks
- Extreme stingy pain that doesn’t get better with any natural remedy or with OTC medication
- High fever accompanied by canker sores
- Seek medical help if mouth ulcer extends to the lips
Most of the mouth ulcers get healed on their own but if you get them very often, cause you extreme pain and don’t disappear within a week then treatment is a must. Following are some of the treatments that can be followed to get a relief.
- Mix salt and baking soda in a water and rinse your mouth with it.
- Baking soda paste can be applied to an ulcer
- Rinse mouth with cold water
- Benzoxazine or Orajel can be used for instant relief
- Nutritional supplements like folic acid, vitamin B-6, and zinc
- Use topical paste
- Placing moist tea-bag can also soothe ulcers
All of the above-mentioned pointers are useful remedies to get rid of Ulcers but if you are still facing mouth sore or any other symptom then you can also book the best Gastroenterologist in Islamabad.
Avoid chewing fastly to avoid accidental bites, don’t take a lot of stress, maintain oral hygiene, brush softly and take adequate rest and sleep to get away with medicines.
Few Most Popular Gastroenterologist:
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018