Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs, can be small or large, which formed inside the ovary or on its surface. Most of the women have these cysts at some time of their age. Mostly they disappear by their own but some can be dangerous and leads to cancerous forms. To kick out the chance of ovarian cancer, facts about cyst should be known.
Signs and Symptoms:
As most cysts are not harmful and little in size so they don’t cause any apparent symptoms and go away after some time. But, a large ovarian cyst is not easy gone and need treatment. To consult the best gynecologist in Karachi to solve this or any other female reproductive system problem log on to Marham.pk. Following symptoms help you to identify the cyst presence;
- Pelvic pain: a sharp pain in the lower abdomen on the side of the cyst
- Fullness or heaviness in the abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pelvic pain before and during the menstrual cycle
- Breast tenderness
- Painful intercourse
- Pain in the lower back or thighs
Following factors may be the reason of developing ovarian cyst;
- Hormonal problems.
- A severe pelvic infection.
- A previous ovarian cyst.
The permanent treatment for cyst is the surgical removal. For this purpose following two surgeries can be done.
Most cysts are removed with the help of laparoscopy. This is a special surgical method in which a small cut is made in the abdomen and gas is blown into the abdomen to increase the area to get easy access to the ovary and surgical removal. A small tube-shaped microscope attached with a light on the end, which is termed as laparoscope is passed into the abdomen to get the inner view. The removal is done by that small cut in the skin. After the removal, laparoscope taken out and the cuts are closed by dissolvable stitches.
If the patient had a large cyst the surgeon will recommend laparotomy to remove the cyst. This method has involved the removal through a large incision as compared to the laparoscopy. Surgeon will conduct an immediate biopsy, and if the diagnosis determines that the cyst may become cancerous, he can perform hysterectomy to remove the ovaries.
- Cyts, even if are of small size and painless leads to reproductive problems so it’s better to remove them.
Few Most Popular Gynecologists in Lahore:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018