Diabetes mellitus is such a dangerous disorder that remains with the person throughout the whole life with all its complications. Many people think that it comes silently and never can be predicted before. But it’s not true completely. Before its proper onset, there are some manifestations which can help a person to predict it and stop it. The situation in which a person is not diabetic but is at the risk of getting diabetes is called the prediabetes. It means that a person’s blood sugar level is above than normal but not yet high enough to be declared diabetic.
How Is It Recognized?
Mostly the prediabetes not reveals the symptoms. Only the proper checkup from a diabetologist can reveal its happening. To consult a diabetes doctor/diabetologist in Lahore visit Marham, he may recognize some signs that can help you take a clue about the arrival of this deadly foe. These signs may be;
- An A1C level between 5.7 and 6.4 percent is considered as prediabetes.
- A fasting blood sugar level from 100 to 125 mg/dL (5.6 to 7.0 mmol/L) is termed as prediabetes.
- Sudden darkness of the skin on certain parts of the body such as neck, armpits, elbows, knees, and knuckles.
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision
Is it Dangerous?
Many people thought that the prediabetes is not a dangerous situation as it is not diabetes but only an alarming point. But really this is a dangerous point. If a person is prediabetic then he is not safe anymore as the long-term damaging effects of diabetes, especially to the heart, blood vessels brain and kidneys, started at this stage slowly. And in addition, this situation can be converted to full devastating diabetes at any time.
How to Fight Against it?
Here is good news that if you are diagnosed at a proper time and came to know that you are at the prediabetes stage then you can fight against it and keep yourself safe from the onset of diabetes. These little but healthy lifestyle changes can help you to fight against it.
The proper and healthy eating will surely save you from the onset of diabetes. You can also consult a nutritionist for help in this matter. Find and book an appointment with a nutritionist in Islamabad using Marham. The following diet alteration will surely help you to normalize the blood sugar level;
- Avoid or at least reduce the intake of high carbohydrate and sugary foods and energy drinks.
- Avoid the consumption of processed and cane food.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your metabolism appropriate.
- Maintain the vitamin D and magnesium levels as it will help to maintain your sugar level.
- Eat high fiber and a natural diet to keep your digestion and metabolism perfectly alright.
- Immediately stop the consumption of tobacco or alcohol.
Proper exercise like half an hour morning and evening walk and appropriate work out will make your body cells more sensitive to the insulin which will reduce the body glucose level and ultimately inhibit the onset of diabetes.
Healthy Body Weight
Obesity is associated with risk factor for diabetes. As accumulate fats in the cell make them resistant to the insulin. So if you have unhealthy body weight then seriously do efforts to reduce it to minimize the risk of diabetes.
Insufficient or irregular sleep patterns disturb the normal functioning of the body and associated with the risk of diabetes. So if you are prediabetic and you are taking less sleep especially at night or irregular sleep then you should seriously change your habit. Proper 6 to 8 hours sleep of night will be helpful to revert your blood sugar level to normal again.
Few Most Popular Endocrinologists In Pakistan:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018