Table of Content
It is one of the favors of nature that after taking the food in mouth, by gravity and muscular movements, it reaches to the stomach with minimum effort. But some persons on the planet are not much fortunate in this regard and have some difficulty in swallowing. If you or anyone around you is suffering from this abnormality, via Marham, you can take help from best ENT specialist in Lahore, Karachi or Islamabad. Here we are helping you by writing the reasons and possible ways to cure it. Have a look at these words.
Why does it happen?
Difficulty in swallowing actually happens due to some fault in the muscles of the throat and the lower esophagus. These muscles begin to shrink thereby preventing the passage of solid foods and liquid from the mouth to the stomach. The muscles and nerves which help in transferring the food via throat and esophagus are not working properly. This muscular fault may be the result of stroke, spinal cord injury, inflammation or abnormal growth in muscles.
Difficulty in swallowing is not just an uncomfortable condition but it can lead to some serious medical complications like;
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Weight loss
- Respiratory problems
How to Prevent it?
Some of the lifestyle changes and home remedies can help you to prevent or at least minimize swallowing difficulties. Some of them are listed below are as follows:
- Take little chunks of the food and chew it properly before engulf it.
- Avoid too much fast eating.
- Try to avoid thin liquids and sticky foods like coffee, juice, peanut butter and caramel.
- Avoid intake of alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine.
- There are specific exercises which help in coordinating the swallowing muscles and revive the nerves that activate the swallowing reflex and in result discomfort decreased a lot. To know about those you can consult best ENT specialist in Karachi or any main city of Pakistan via Marham.
Try these things or consult the specialist to make your eating as enjoying as the normal persons.
Dr. Tariq Qazi Talks About Ear Problems, Nasal Problems And Throat Issues
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- Small Steps That Can Improve Your Health And Nutrition Immediately - January 23, 2021
- Healthy Chunks Are The Real Guards Of Heart - January 22, 2021
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018