Table of Content
In daily life we consume eatables of great variety, many of them are enriched with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals but some are loaded with arsenic too. Brussels sprouts, polished rice, dark meat fish like salmon, commercially raised chicken and alcoholic beverages are enriched source of arsenic. In some areas, the available water supply is the source of arsenic. In little amount, this organic metal is not bad. But when intake goes beyond the safe limit it becomes dangerous. Following article aims to inform you about arsenic poisoning.
Why is Arsenic Dangerous?
Arsenic is a severely dangerous even life-threatening element which can cause many grave health complications. Some complications are mild and cured with proper early management. But long-term intake of this hazardous chemical can cause long-term effects which can put a full stop on life.
If arsenic exposure is of shorter duration and at a low level, some short-term effects are noted which are managed and vanished with little effort. These effects include following complications;
- Diarrhea having blood
- Abdominal pain
- Tingling and weakness of limbs
- Loss of sensation in limbs
- Skin problems, irritation, and hair fall
- Muscle cramps
If these symptoms noticed and managed at an earlier stage then this will help greatly to inhibit the arsenic poisoning before getting worse. But if these little complications ignored, left untreated and arsenic intake not prohibited then it can cause serious medical disorders. To consult the best family physician in Islamabad or Lahore, about these symptoms or anyone else, log on to Marham.pk.
The arsenic poisoning when reached to its maximum evil level it can cause potent damages to almost all body vital organs. Some deadly conditions which arise due to arsenic toxicity are listed below;
- Reduced blood cell production and degradation of existing red blood cells leading to anemia
- Blood circulation problem
- Heart and coronary problem
- Liver enlargement and cirrhosis, Marham can help you find and consult with the best Hepatologist in Karachi, Lahore and all other main cities of Pakistan.
- Darkening and thickening of skin color
- Respiratory problems like asthma
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
- Oxidative stress and inflammation
- Brain damage (may cause Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease), Do you want to locate the best neurologist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan? Just visit Marham.pk and find many competent doctors available for consultation.
- Cancer especially in bladder, kidney, lungs, and skin
Immediately reduce arsenic exposure by limiting intake of high arsenic foods and consuming arsenic-free water. Maintain your vitamin E level too it degrades arsenic naturally.
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- Small Steps That Can Improve Your Health And Nutrition Immediately - January 23, 2021
- Healthy Chunks Are The Real Guards Of Heart - January 22, 2021
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018