To treat issues with male sexual function, utilize sildenafil (impotence or erectile dysfunction-ED). Sildenafil helps a man achieve and maintain an erection by boosting blood flow to the penis when used in conjunction with sexual stimulation.
Many people think that Sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhoea, and syphilis, are protected by this medication. But that’s not the truth.
Anyhow in this blog post we would deeply see about Sildenafil Side Effects, some warnings, precautions and interactions with other medicines.
How to use Sildenafil Tablet?
To ensure the correct use of sildenafil, you need to consider the following things.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet that your pharmacist will provide you, before starting to take this medicine.
- Ask your physician or pharmacist if you have any queries.
- Take this medication by mouth as prescribed by your doctor, typically as needed, to treat erectile dysfunction-ED.
- Prior to engaging in sexual activity, take sildenafil at least 30 minutes, but no more than 4 hours (1 hour before is the most effective).
- Never take more than once per day. A high-fat meal may slow down the time it takes for the medication to start working.
- The dosage is determined by your medical history, treatment response.
- And any additional medications you may be taking, inform your physician and pharmacist of all the products you consume.
Price of Sildenafil in Pakistan 2022
In Pakistan one tablet of Sildenafil costs almost for Rs. 2000-2500. If you want to use this then, order your medicine right now through Marham just by sitting at your home. But before this we would suggest you to read the side effects of this tablet and take this according to your doctor.
Side Effects of Sildenafil
1. Dizziness, headache, flushing, or stomach upset
Flushing, headache, migraine headache basics, understanding dizziness, and upset stomach are just a few of the possible symptoms that might arise. Changes in vision, such as heightened sensitivity to light, blurred vision, or difficulty discerning blue and green hues apart, may also occur.
Inform your doctor or pharmacist right away if any of these side effects persist or worsen. Get up gently while rising from a sitting or laying posture to lessen the risk of feeling lightheaded and dizzy.
Keep in mind that your doctor provided this prescription because they felt the benefit to you outweighed the risk of adverse effects. Many users of this medicine report no significant negative effects.
2. Extra strain on your heart
Particularly if you have heart issues, sexual activity may put additional strain on your heart. If you have heart issues and have any of these significant side effects while having sex.
Stop immediately and get medical attention, including extreme dizziness, fainting, chest/jaw/left arm discomfort, and nausea. Discuss with a sexologist to talk in detail about your problem.
3. Decreased vision
Rarely, unexpected vision loss in one or both eyes, including total blindness, can happen (NAION). If this significant issue arises, stop taking sildenafil and seek immediate medical attention.
If you have diabetes, high cholesterol, certain other eye conditions, such as crowded disc in the eye, heart disease, or high blood pressure, you have a slightly higher
4. Sudden decrease or loss of hearing
Rarely, there may be a sudden decline or loss of hearing, sometimes accompanied by ringing in the ears and lightheadedness. If these side effects appear, stop taking sildenafil and seek medical attention straight once.
If you ever experience an uncomfortable or protracted erection that lasts for four or more hours, cease using this medication immediately and seek medical attention, else serious issues could develop.
5. Serious allergic reaction
It is uncommon for this medication to induce a very significant allergic reaction. However, seek immediate medical attention if you experience any signs of a severe allergic reaction, such as a rash, itching, or swelling, particularly of the face, tongue, throat, or throat, or if you experience severe dizziness.
The list of potential negative effects is not exhaustive. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any other side effects not covered above.
Precautions to take while taking Sildenafil
Following precautions should be taken in order to ensure the correct use of sildenafil. Otherwise it may causes serious effects.
1. Tell your doctor about your allergies
If you have any allergies, including to sildenafil, be sure to tell your doctor or pharmacist before taking it. This product’s inactive ingredients may cause allergic reactions or other problems. Speak to your pharmacist for additional information.
2. Consider your medical history before taking
Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all of your medical history before taking this medication, especially of: heart problems (such as heart attacks or life-threatening irregular heartbeat in the previous six months), chest pain /angina stroke within the previous six months.
3. Likelihood of various problems
It may cause dehydration in adults, kidney disease , liver disease, high or low blood pressure, dehydration, and penis problems such as angulation, fibrosis/scarring, factors that may raise the likelihood of priapism, include angulation, fibrosis/scarring.
Also Peyronie’s disease, a history of painful or protracted erections (priapism), sickle cell anemia, leukemia, multiple myeloma, and ocular issues (such as retinitis pigmentosa , sudden decreased vision , NAION) can also be caused.
4. Consume alcoholic beverages in moderation
You could get lightheadedness or vision issues from this medicine. You may feel more lightheaded after consuming marijuana or cannabis than you would after drinking alcohol.
Until you can do something safely, avoid using machinery, driving, or doing anything else that requires attentiveness or sharp vision. Alcoholic beverages should be consumed in moderation. Consult your physician if you use marijuana (cannabis).
Inform your doctor or dentist of all the products you use, including prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal medications, over-the-counter, and herbal remedies, before having surgery.
5. Before breastfeeding, speak with your doctor
Sildenafil should only be used during pregnancy if absolutely necessary. Do not stop taking this medication until your doctor instructs you to do so because high blood pressure in the lungs is a serious condition that can endanger both a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
Consult your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of using sildenafil if you intend to become pregnant, are already pregnant, or suspect that you may be pregnant. Small amounts of this drug are excreted in breast milk. Before breastfeeding, speak with your doctor.
- The effects of your prescriptions may vary as a result of drug interactions, which may also make you more likely to experience harmful side effects. All probable medication interactions are not included in this document.
- Keep a note of everything you use and provide it to your doctor and pharmacist. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal items. Without your doctor’s approval, never start, stop, or change the dosage of any medications.
- Riociguat is a product that may interact with this medication. When combined with nitrates, sildenafil can significantly lower blood pressure. Blood pressure problems can cause dizziness, fainting, and, less frequently, heart attacks and strokes , as well as other symptoms.
- Sildenafil should not be taken with any of the following: certain drugs used to treat chest pain /angina (nitrates such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide), recreational drugs called “poppers” containing amyl nitrate, amyl nitrite, or butyl nitrite.
- If you are also using an alpha blocker , such as doxazosin , tamsulosin. To reduce your risk of low blood pressure, your doctor might start your medication with a lower dose of sildenafil.
- The elimination of sildenafil from your body might be impacted by other medications, which may change how sildenafil functions. Examples include macrolide antibiotics , azole antifungals.
- Avoid using this drug with any other erectile dysfunction pills or products containing sildenafil. -pulmonary arterial hypertension or erectile dysfunction (such as tadalafil, vardenafil).
A person who has taken an overdose and is exhibiting serious symptoms including fainting or breathing difficulties, immediately dial a poison control hotline. So, we would suggest you to consult your doctor before taking this.
Can’t Find the App
What are the dangers of sildenafil?
Sildenafil use can also cause other adverse effects, such as diarrhoea, heartburn, difficulty getting or staying asleep, numbness, burning or tingling in the arms, hands, feet, or legs, nosebleeds, and sensitivity to light.
Is it OK to take sildenafil every day?
The answer is “absolutely; you can take sildenafil, Viagra’s generic equivalent, every day.”
Who should not take sildenafil?
When combined with any other medication or erection-inducing gadget, sildenafil should not be taken. You should be honest with your doctor about any heart issues you are currently experiencing or may have had in the past. Patients who already have heart issues may experience severe side effects from this medication.