There are different skin problems that occur intermittently in your life. Some of them are mild while some are severe. Skin cysts and tumor are one of those skin problems that sometimes cause pain. Skin cysts are usually noncancerous and closed capsule that contains fluid, pus, or, gas. Cysts are common that occur within tissue and can affect any part of the body.
Skin tumors are abnormal growth of tissue that can be cancerous or harmless. As people get older, skin tumor becomes extremely common and at this stage one really need to consult with the best skin specialist.
What Causes Skin Tumor And Cysts?
What causes skin tumor is still unknown but it has been noted that most skin tumors developed in people are based on heredity. It is also said to be developed on skin that is often exposed to the sun. While skin cysts are developed because of infection, clogging of sebaceous glands, defects in the cells, an injury that breaks a vessel, and chronic inflammatory conditions.
Read More: 5 Best Homemade Skin Cleansers For You
Symptoms Of Skin Tumor:
Most of the skin tumors develop where they can be seen, so if you notice any unusual growth on the surface of your skin, go and see a doctor. Following are the common signs and symptoms that can be turned into skin tumor:
- An unusual skin growth or sore that doesn’t go away
- Rash or irregular patch on the surface of the skin
- Waxy translucent bump
- Lump on the skin
- Reddish or scaly patch on skin
- Changes in the size, shape, or color of an existing spot
Symptoms Of Cysts:
Its signs and symptoms depend on the type of the cysts whereas the majority of the small cysts have no signs and symptoms. However, some of the most common symptoms of cysts include:
- Small and round bump under the skin
- A tiny blackhead plugging the central opening of the cyst
- Redness and swelling in the area
- Pus drainage
- Skin tumors can be treated by surgical excision which involves cutting into the skin, removing the growth, and closing the wound with stitches.
- Cryosurgery is another treatment of skin tumors. In this procedure, liquid nitrogen is sprayed directly on the skin. Or sometimes an instrument is used to freeze the tissue.
- Rarely some cysts disappear on their own without treatment.
- Most of the cysts required treatment that involves lancing, which is a process of piercing the cyst with a sharp object and draining it.
- Some cysts can be treated by the use of injection of cortisone medication.
- Cysts that do not respond to any of the treatment can be removed through surgery.
It is in your best interest to keep a check on your body and skin. If you find anything suspicious especially on your skin, you should discuss it with your physician or healthcare provider. For more details and an online consultation with the best skin specialist in Pakistan, visit Marham.pk. Regular examination of the skin may save you from any further complications.