Women frequently experiment with different methods to make their skin lighter and brighter, from using natural cures to downing tablets. The majority of people also choose whitening injections to achieve glowing skin because these injections lighten and even out the skin by reducing melanin concentration. They are thought to slow down the aging process too. However, not everything is as it seems; skin-whitening injections have a fair share of negative side effects too.
If you are considering skin whitening injections, make sure you are aware of skin whitening injection side effects before beginning the procedure.
About Skin Whitening Injections
Injections used to whiten the skin use glutathione as a major component in it. Tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for producing melanin, is prevented from being produced in the body by it. That is how it makes your skin tone lighter. Additionally, it creates a barrier on your skin that shields your body from UV rays. Injections for skin whitening fight free radicals and protect your skin from any harm. They help to hydrate your skin and have anti-aging qualities too.
8 Side Effects of Skin Whitening Injections
Here you go with the list of side effects of skin whitening injections.
1- These injections can enhance the likelihood of allergic reactions
The increased likelihood of allergic responses is a major side effect of skin-whitening injections. This is the case because the injections make your skin more vulnerable to environmental microbes.
- According to studies, these microbes enter your body and cause a hormonal imbalance.
- Tiny pimples, and redness are just a few examples of allergic skin reactions brought on by hormonal imbalances because of these injections.
- Such skin allergy reactions may manifest for a short period of time because they are not chronic. And if they don’t go on their own, contact an allergy specialist right now.
2- Whitening injections may lead you toward weight gain
Skin-whitening injectable side effects can interfere with your hormonal balance and your fat-sensitive areas may result in a slight weight increase.
Is it really so troublesome?
There is no need for concern or dread because of this side effect. Everybody has a different method of reacting to change. This symptom is only present in 2% of people, while some people do not.
Furthermore, the puffiness can go away rapidly if you continue to be happy with your sessions and focus on your main goal.
Caution – You might also notice a tiny bit of puffiness or numbness in certain body areas.
However, it is only a short-term issue that will go away eventually. Consult a dermatologist if it persists for a few days.
3- Cause an eye infection
- Your body absorbs glutathione through injections. It can have an impact on your eyes once it enters your bloodstream.
- You can also encounter eye inflammation and redness because of these injections.
- Research indicates that if such medication is injected into your body, one potential adverse effect that could occur is impaired eyesight.
If such an issue is being faced by you, please immediately consult an eye specialist
You may also read 7 Reasons For Eye Infections
4- Whitening injections can cause hair loss
- The amount of melanin in your body is directly impacted after these whitening injections according to experts.
- The other pigment-producing material areas of the body are also impacted when the degree of melanin changes.
- Therefore, having white skin after injections also means having more white hair because the amount of melanin has been disturbed.
- Additionally, several studies disclosed that they lost hair as a result of the whitening procedure too.
If you are facing hair fall issues then you should contact the best experts in town to get you out of this situation.
You may also like 4 Ways to Regrow Your Hair You Should Know!
5- Lead to have gastrointestinal issues
- You are more likely to experience a variety of possible side effects after whitening injections if you have a weak immune system.
- After receiving skin-whitening injections, gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea and digestion problems are very frequent as per researchers.
- This happens because you are taking skin-whitening drugs and when these drugs enter your bloodstream, it may cause potential changes in your body.
Add on – There were reports of a moderate stomach ache from some people after their whitening treatments.
If these issues persist, you should consult a gastroenterologist as you can feel weak and dizzy because of this situation.
Give a two-minute reading to 5 Tips For Digestive Health
6- Skin whitening injections may cause blood poisoning; Sepsis
- Skin whitening injection side effects may cause sepsis or septicemia. It is also called blood poisoning.
- According to studies, skin lightening injection is one of the reasons for this disease in which bacteria that cause infection in your body enter the bloodstream.
- As a result, you get chills, high or moderate fever, pale skin, especially the face, and increased heart rate and breathing.
- This condition requires prompt treatment as the infection can spread to your heart valves and tissues and threaten your life.
In such scenarios, you can book meeting with the best doctors for infectious diseases.
7- Cause steven johnson’s syndrome
- Skin whitening injections’ side effects also include Steven Johnson Syndrome.
- It is a rare disorder but a serious one that affects mucous membranes of the skin, eyes, and genitals.
- Its symptoms include sore throat, mouth, fever, and burning eyes.
Have a look at How to get rid of Sore Throat?
- Moreover, a patient has terrible skin pain, a purple or red rash that spreads, and blisters on the nose, eyes, mouth, and mucous membranes of the genitals.
- Within a few days of blisters formation, skin shedding also starts reported by experts.
- It is a medical emergency and requires immediate hospitalization.
- A special team of nurses and doctors treats patients with Steven Johnson Syndrome. Some are kept in intensive care units or burn centers.
8- Skin whitening injections can aggravate asthma too
Any bodily function may be affected by the use of medicines or any prescription. Injections used to whiten the skin’s epidermal layer may have an impact on how well the lungs work.
You can read this too- Knowing About Asthma Action Plan Can Prevent A Serious Attack!
If you have trouble breathing, seek medical attention right away. Patients with asthma should see their doctor and provide a complete medical history prior to starting to take these injections.
You can consult an asthma specialist too if you’re facing some issues related to your breathing.
So after reading all these side effects we would say it’s up to you to decide if you want skin whitening injections or not.
Do not worry about what others may think of you. Put your health first. Try to feel comfortable with who you are.
If you are still self-conscious about your appearance, it is best to seek out natural remedies as opposed to these whitening injections. To get a naturally whitening skin tone, you can get help from the natural whitening tips too.
Moreover, we would suggest you consult a dermatologist to get better advice according to your skin type.
1- Is skin whitening injection permanent?
Skin whitening injections are not permanent. You need to have monthly maintenance skin treatments to continuously have these results.
2- What happens when you stop taking glutathione?
When you stop taking glutathione, your skin will become more prone to harmful UV rays and it starts to get darkened easily.
3- What to do after glutathione injection?
After receiving a glutathione injection, doctors advise cooling the affected area because any injection could induce bruising. To minimize swelling, you might try applying a cold pack for 10 to 20 minutes.