Table of Content
Sleep apnea is a disorder, in which a person experiences trouble in sleeping. In sleep apnea, the person feels shortness of breath. A person can experience shortness of breath numerous times during sleeping. Most people are unaware of the types and treatment of sleep apnea.
- Central Sleep Apnea: In central sleep apnea, The brain is unable to control the muscles of the respiratory systems, which causes trouble in sleeping.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: In obstructive sleep apnea, the person is unable to breathe because the tissue at the back of the throat stops working, which causes suffocation.
There are possible treatments for sleep apnea, which can help a person in breathing while sleeping. These treatments are discussed below, and you can easily find a general physician online for sleep apnea;
1. Artificial airway pressure
CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) is a very helpful device for preventing sleep apnea. CPAP pumps air to the nose and the mouth through a mask. The assisted airflow helps a person to breathe at night and avoid suffocation.
Nasal surgery is a preferred option, which helps in opening the airways for continuous breathing. The surgery is a permanent solution to eradicating the problem of sleep apnea.
Removal of soft tissue is another option, in which the soft tissue behind the throat is removed. The removal of the tissue helps the air to move freely because then the air has more space to move.
Removal of obstructions in face and throat is another option. This surgery helps in clearing the airway and help in breathing. It is a permanent remedy.
3. Reducing Weight
Weight loss is helpful in preventing sleep apnea, the excess fat in the person’s body can put pressure on the vital organs, for instance, the respiratory system. The pressure on these organs can cause trouble in breathing.
4. Body Positioning
Body positioning of a person plays an important role in breathing while sleeping. Sleeping straight on the back can cause respiratory trouble. It is better for a person to turn and adjust the position of the body for better breathing.
5. Nicotine Level
Smoking can cause sleep apnea because it can cause swelling of the airways which will make it hard for the air to pass through. Oxygen levels decrease because smoking damages the lungs, so quit smoking is a viable option.
Few Most Popular General Physicians In Pakistan:
Latest posts by Asjl Khan (see all)
- 5 Homemade Cleansers Will Make Your Skin Shine! - April 9, 2021
- 3 Rules of Losing Weight with Intermittent Fasting - March 31, 2021
- 7 Causes Of Bad Breath No One Told You About! - March 30, 2021